Publications as one of the 15 activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Milky Wat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm writing a publication activity should I put together with my research as one activity ? Or separately? There is a description section and I'm thinking what should I write for a description of my publication...results of it? Or how I did my experiment, but then I don't want to overlap with my research lab activity description? YOUR OPINION?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,
Went through the same scenario when applying this past cycle. I had an extra activities slot so I just made it into its own section. I gave a brief description of the work, maybe what you learned from the process of putting together and publishing a scientific paper, and then provided a link to the paper so they could view it. I suppose it could be lumped into one activity alongside research if necessary, but I would make it obvious in the activity heading that a paper is included in the description. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there,
Went through the same scenario when applying this past cycle. I had an extra activities slot so I just made it into its own section. I gave a brief description of the work, maybe what you learned from the process of putting together and publishing a scientific paper, and then provided a link to the paper so they could view it. I suppose it could be lumped into one activity alongside research if necessary, but I would make it obvious in the activity heading that a paper is included in the description. Best of luck!
Thank you15Mito! Will take your advice!