Publications in ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armscrubs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am an IMG applying for IM this year. I have good scores (248/253/CS Pass, first attempt) but I want to improve my application by adding some research experience. The problem is that my publications are mostly in other fields like ophthalmology and toxicology. Do you think this is going to hurt my application and I should avoid mentioning them?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I am an IMG applying for IM this year. I have good scores (248/253/CS Pass, first attempt) but I want to improving my application by adding my research experience. The problem is I have some publications that are mostly in other fields like ophthalmology and toxicology. Do you think this is going to hurt my application and I should avoid mentioning them?
Thank you

Those are awesome stats! Any research experience is a plus so I would definitely add your publications to ERAS.

Last edited:
Thanks Slade
Any other ideas from personal experience :D

i have a similar doubt...... i have assisted my professors during research in my medical school....and those articles went on to get published and i have a letter from the author who holds the copy rights to it that i helped him with data collection and manuscript revisions in that article..... and its published with ISRN.... where should i put this in my CAF?

i have a similar doubt...... i have assisted my professors during research in my medical school....and those articles went on to get published and i have a letter from the author who holds the copy rights to it that i helped him with data collection and manuscript revisions in that article..... and its published with ISRN.... where should i put this in my CAF?

You can list it under research experience. Unfortunately, if you aren't listed as an author you obviously can't include it in your publications.