Publications listed on w/a over 700 character limit - Put in Most meaningful experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiHowAreYou

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

On my w/a listing I'm attempting to list my publications, however, by doing so it will go over the 700 char amount. Would it be better to split up my publications into separate slots, or should I continue to pile them into one slot?

Additionally, when adding an invention would it be considered under 'other'?

I'm trying to reduce the amount of slots I use for w/a, right now for my research I have it broken into:

Publications (Over 700 char lim if I list all of them)

Pending Publications (Listing a few here)

Invention(s) under Other (Should be fine, should be able to cite this easily)

Presentations (May also be an issue - full citation necessary?) - Alright with WC limit

Research Experience (Will definitely be an issue listing this) - Far over WC limit

My main question comes down to, how can I consolidate the citations & research done so as to not take up too many slots? At the moment we're at 5/15 and I'm going to need the rest for my other things. I guess list the most important ones?

Apologies for the laundry list of questions. Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just abbreviate more. I was able to fit 9 publications into mine without making it most meaningful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great, a DOI# and title would be fine I presume? In addition to the title and author position?

Yeah, that’d probably be fine. I just did:

Last Name et al., Year, Journal

No titles.

It was obvious by last names which ones I was first author for and which ones I wasn’t. If you’re not first author it doesn’t really matter which author you are.

Yeah, that’d probably be fine. I just did:

Last Name et al., Year, Journal

No titles.

It was obvious by last names which ones I was first author for and which ones I wasn’t. If you’re not first author it doesn’t really matter which author you are.
Excellent, thank you!

1) when adding an invention would it be considered under 'other'?

2) Pending Publications (Listing a few here)

3) Presentations (May also be an issue - full citation necessary?) - Alright with WC limit
1) Yes.

2) Submitted manuscripts shouldn't be listed. Accepted manuscripts not yet published can be included with the notation [in press] in the citation.

3) You can truncate the titles.

Reactions: 1 user
1) Yes.

2) Submitted manuscripts shouldn't be listed. Accepted manuscripts not yet published can be included with the notation [in press] in the citation.

3) You can truncate the titles.

Excellent, Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user