Publications on AMCAS--just scientific?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotigers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have had several poems and short essays published in various literary magazines and newspapers, would I include those in the Publications section of AMCAS Post Secondary Experiences or is that section exclusively for scientific publications? Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

gotigers said:
I have had several poems and short essays published in various literary magazines and newspapers, would I include those in the Publications section of AMCAS Post Secondary Experiences or is that section exclusively for scientific publications? Thanks a lot!

I would include them

medic170 said:
I would include them

Include them! It shows who you are! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
No question about it! List them... probably even better than scientific papers as it shows well roundedness.

go-

I included 3 non-scientific...in fact, I don't have any scientific pubs. I think that you go a long way showing scholarship in a field above and beyond the usual with a publication of any type...the bio/chem/physics folks do it via scientific journal, you've done it in another path, but the idea, IMHO, is the same.

Good luck.

dc

Well, I don't have any publications and barely remember AMCAS a whole year ago, but I'd suggest checking the instructions to see if there is a definition of 'publications' given, just in case they really mean scientific publications. If they aren't specific, then put it on, but in case it does mean scientific only, you wouldn't want to look like you didn't read the directions carefully. Just a suggestion. Congrats on your writing accomplishments - I have stuff simmering in the ol' cranium but always respect people who actually get it out on paper!

Good luck!