• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Publications Section

eac006

Jun 17, 2014
  1. Pre-Medical
    So, I don't know what I was thinking. I didn't cite my publication on AMCAS because I thought it would have asked me to. Plus, just describing the paper took up all 700 characters. I am hoping my professor that I did the research with cited it in my letter. Will this hurt me a lot?

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Sep 4, 2006
    The Other Side of the Portal
    1. Attending Physician
      So, I don't know what I was thinking. I didn't cite my publication on AMCAS because I thought it would have asked me to. Plus, just describing the paper took up all 700 characters. I am hoping my professor that I did the research with cited it in my letter. Will this hurt me a lot?
      Presumably, you entered the name of the Journal and the date of Publication in the header? With your name as an author, that is enough for an interested adcomm to locate your publication.

About the Ads

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
      Verified Expert
      15+ Year Member
      Sep 4, 2006
      1. Attending Physician
        My professor said she added the name of the article and the journal title in my rec letter? That should be adequate right?
        More than adequate as there is now no doubt that the publication exists.

Last edited:

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
        Verified Expert
        15+ Year Member
        Sep 4, 2006
        1. Attending Physician
          More than adequate as there is now no doubt that the publication exists.
          Probably?

Edit, listen to Catalystik ;)
          I'd still add it to Secondaries where possible and include it in the fall update letter where it wasn't. It doesn't hurt to be doubly sure all adcomms are aware.

Reactions: 1 user
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.