Published Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NKChemEng

In vino veritas
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A while ago I was on a research team, and our project was submitted for publication and eventually published. I'm not first or second author, but I'm included in the list of authors down the line (my first real lab experience, so I was one of the lowly members).

Is this still a "publication"? I'm not that worried about it because I'm working in a lab right now where I'm going to be published by the end of the summer as second author, and as first on a project I'm working on next semester. But, it's still nice to know whether that one paper a while back "counts."

Members don't see this ad.

It is absolutely a publication. Congrats! Put this on your application in bold red capital letters, with a lot of punctuation.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is absolutely a publication. Congrats! Put this on your application in bold red capital letters, with a lot of punctuation.

Red bold is impossible on AMCAS, and capitals and punctuation deviate from normal citation style in an annoying way.

Haha thank you for the replies. I get the idea that it's a good thing after all :)