Puerto Rico Med Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

je355804

Mew Nember
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon. I am a Caribbean medical student who has recently taken and passed the step 1 with a score of 226. I am wondering if anyone knows if the PR schools take Caribbean transfers, and if they have any rotations within the US. I suppose it's also relevant that I am a US citizen.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Members don't see this ad.

In your shoes, I'll call up the schools and ask. It's always better to hear it from the horse's mouth on such issues rather than from anonymous posters who may or may not have credibility on this specific issue.

Very true, thanks for the advice. I called and at least 3/4 of the schools there do accept transfers. You need to speak Spanish fluently, and rotations are in PR.

Hope this helps if anyone else was wondering.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe most of the PR schools are conducted in Spanish, are you fluent?

Good afternoon. I am a Caribbean medical student who has recently taken and passed the step 1 with a score of 226. I am wondering if anyone knows if the PR schools take Caribbean transfers, and if they have any rotations within the US. I suppose it's also relevant that I am a US citizen.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Universidad Central del Este....I am from miami, but i go to med school there on federal loans. and they have a partnership with jackson memorial in florida and yale.