Puerto Rico USMLE and Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santiajj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge on how the schools in Puerto Rico do in terms of USLME scores and competitiveness for residency in the US? Please share your info if you have good/reliable knowledge, not just a gut feeling.
I have not been able to get good info on this. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any knowledge on how the schools in Puerto Rico do in terms of USLME scores and competitiveness for residency in the US? Please share your info if you have good/reliable knowledge, not just a gut feeling.
I have not been able to get good info on this. Thank you.

I saw something somewhere a few years ago that showed them to below average slightly in numbers but placed folks in competitive residencies. I dont think it would hurt that bad as long as you do well.

Why don't you just search for the match lists for Puerto Rican schools? I would assume their USMLE averages are a bit low, as their MCAT averages are also in the low 20s.

Go to puerto rico, study on your own, perfect usmile... Doesnt matter. U will still get a us residency