Pulled off the waitlist... AT MY TOP CHOICE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barton

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called my house today, and my mom was acting real coy. It turns out that I got accepted off the waitlist at the University of Minnesota (my state school and #1 choice)!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I wasn't expecting to hear anything positive ever, and wasn't expecting any news until May/June, so this RULES!!! Here's a shout out to all my NCAA Men's Hockey Champion Golden Gopher bros and sisses (Oldman, Racergirl, and anyone else)!!! GO MAROON AND GOLD!!!

Members don't see this ad.

YAY YAY!!! :clap: :D :clap: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eduardo

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for all of us on waitlists.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
:) :)

Congrats! Awesome! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Someone better go find that official waitlist movwement thread ......(i'll do it :p )

Congratulations

Now, the customary clapping gaemlins. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice. CONGRATS!!! :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

Awesome!

The title of this thread sounds like a Weekly World News headline--"Pulled off the waitlist...AT MY TOP CHOICE!!" right above "Man eaten by three headed sea-beast--AND SURVIVES!!"

:)

heck yea! nice job Barton!

if THIS isn't a sign that me, Pelican and the other waitlist people are going to get in somewhere, then, gosh darn it... it's not a sign.

awesome, we'll probably be classmates in august! :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Barton:
•I called my house today, and my mom was acting real coy. It turns out that I got accepted off the waitlist at the University of Minnesota (my state school and #1 choice)!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I wasn't expecting to hear anything positive ever, and wasn't expecting any news until May/June, so this RULES!!! Here's a shout out to all my NCAA Men's Hockey Champion Golden Gopher bros and sisses (Oldman, Racergirl, and anyone else)!!! GO MAROON AND GOLD!!!•••••

Congrats -- now you can take a breath of relaxation and ENJOY your summer. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Boo yah !!!!

Congrats.

Sweet. Gratz!

Congrats, I geuss my MCW advice was unnecessary (although some of it applies everywhere). I'm sure your loan amount will be waaay down at Minnesota when compared the MCW. Good luck!

Congratulations! There is a 73% plus or minus 4% chance we will be classmates next year!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Whisker Barrel Cortex:
•Congrats, I geuss my MCW advice was unnecessary (although some of it applies everywhere). I'm sure your loan amount will be waaay down at Minnesota when compared the MCW. Good luck!•••••yeah, the MCW financial aid office told me i was gonna get 100% loans. boo!

Congratulations Barton. I was wondering, did you send the committee anything during your waitlist to get yourself accepted?

Solid! And no doubt due to kicking butt on the MCAT (and a non-science major as well)! You've given every wait-listee here a boost...congrats!

congrats. what a release!!!!!!!!
Enjoy

Many hearty thanks to all those who have offered kind words. I am honored to be an inspiration to anyone (what with my sub-par GPA and all). Yes, my loan amounts will be greatly reduced, and that is a load off my mind. Also, I did nothing to get off the waitlist (technically a post-interview hold... since SEPTEMBER!). U of M doesn't consider any additional materials once you've been places on hold. This whole thing has just made my life so much easier. Until yesterday, I was planning to spend the next 4 years at MCW in milwaukee (an acceptance I'll soon be dropping for all you MCW waitlistees). I was excited, but I really don't know milwaukee that well, and was kind of torn about living there, finding a place, finding roommates in a town where I don't know anyone, etc. Now moving to Mpls (a town I know and love) is like a breath of fresh air. I know tons of people, I have a place to live (my brother has a spare room in his apt!), and it just feels so great. Whew! Just spilling a little about how great this feels. Thanks again for all your support.

Congrats!!!!!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

Maybe we'll be meeting in August as well...

Congrats Barton! Did they call or send a letter? When did you get taken off the hold list and put on the waiting list?

I received a letter in the mail. My mom wasn't going to tell me, cuz she thought I already knew, but then she let it slip. Today, though, I received an email from Marylin Becker regarding the class of 2006 website, so that would probably have tipped me off to my acceptance if I hadn't called home yesterday. Also, I never actually got put on the waitlist (which hasn't been made yet). After all candidates are interviewed and the adcom has offered enough seats to fill spots they go to the hold list (which is sort of ranked). Any seats that are available (due to students declining acceptance) go to the top people in the hold list. Then the adcom rejects people from hold to get the list down to about 100 names. These people are placed on a ranked alternate list and they are informed of their rank by may 15th. I was lucky enough to be taken right off the hold list. WOOOHOO!!

Barton, did you get this email today from Dr. Becker. If you didn't, here is the link to the U of MN class of 2006 website:
<a href="http://www.student.med.umn.edu/class2006/" target="_blank">UofMN</a>

I am SO happy for you. Congrats!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: