Pulm only programs filled

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LivingOnAPrayer123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Pulmonology only programs filled this year? I'll be applying next year and I'm trying to gauge how competitive Pulm only is compared to Pulm/Crit.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the Pulmonology only programs filled this year? I'll be applying next year and I'm trying to gauge how competitive Pulm only is compared to Pulm/Crit.

Based on the prelim reports for this year Pulmonary only had a match of 39.5 % and Pulmonary.Critical care had a match of 72.3 % so probably smart to apply to both and not just Pulmonary.

Reactions: 1 user
Pulmonary filled 27/27 spots in the NRMP this year (14 total programs). I wouldn't interpret that as Pulmonary filled 100% of spots and Pulm/Crit only filled 99% (595/601) so Pulmonary is more competitive.

Overall Pulm/Crit is more competitive than Pulm only. A particular Pulmonary program may be more competitive than a particular Pulm/Crit program, but overall the combined training positions are more desired by the majority of applicants.