Pulsed RF of DRG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheLoneWolf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Older studies I looked at are promising but small n values and obviously not covered by insurance.

We did pulsed RF of multiple targets in the fellowship though results were underwhelming.

Wondering if anyone had experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yeah. Didn't work. Pulse Dose (Neurotherm) with like 500 pulses or something like that. I would like to hear what others did if successful.

I had ONE pt during fellowship who I got to do her repeat...L4 (I think) DRG repeat pulse RF. First one apparently lasted 14-16 months.

Mine didn't work at all...Either I suck or the procedure sucks...Probably both.

I don't do them now.

You know...So much of what is taught/done in fellowship is outside the scope of what would be considered reasonable and appropriate. SIJ injxns with 6cc of volume for example. We had an attending that was a complete *****, interestingly surrounded by several really competent attendings.

Pulsed RF was a common procedure that we did frequently, and it never worked. Multiple sites...Knees, occipitals, suprascapular, genicular, ilioinguinal, gasserian ganglion...I have no clue how any of that was ever approved by insurance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user