purchase 6 month world Qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fijianpuppy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i planned on buying the usmle world Q bank for 6 months, but then i realized there are only 2000 questions. from upperclassmen i've heard questions are the best way to study, so would it be in my best interest to save most of the questions til study time in june?

others have suggested maybe buying kaplan as well? though i doubt once coursework picks up ill have time to go through all 4350 questions between the two. also, i sort of hated kaplan for the MCAT and dont think their question style was good practice for the real thing.

Members don't see this ad.

agree with the above post , work through uworld twice if time permits
or atleast go through the questions that you got wrong twice

I also agree. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to "remember" the answers to all 2000 questions....so while I'm doing them once through now, I won't consider them wasted by the time I get to dedicated boards study time. However, if I do get there and find that I don't want to do UW again, then I'll purchase a shorter subscription to another QBank.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

If you are taking it in June, it might be worth getting UW now. How many weeks do you have for review between the end of classes and the exam?

Look at the posts by DoctaJay in this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=585497

Basically, he only has a few weeks for review, so he is studying now with a longer subscription of UW in tutor mode and FA, along with classes, so as to be well prepared at crunch time.

Also, if you are concerned about saving questions, if you check out the UW website, they say that anyone who purchases at least a 6-month subscription (meaning either 6 months or 1 year) will be able to reset their account *only once*. That means you can work with it now as a learning tool (may be valuable) and later reset it during your prep time to use as practice and assessment.

Hope this helps, good luck! :luck:

This approach sounds like converting uworld into a review book. I will also have a "few weeks" between end of classes and Step 1 (it seems to me that doctajay actually has less time than this, in which case his approach would make more sense to me), so i'm working with review books and FA now, so that i will be ready to go intense on qbanks after classes. By doing them (randomly) after I have finished classes and gone through review books once, they will challenge me in a more fair and useful way (instead of challenging me, e.g., with some factoid I had never heard of because I hadn't gone over it in class or in review books).

Last edited: