Purchasing First Aid....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StatMode

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Was wondering if the First Aid editions between years have significant differences? I am getting First Aid 2019 as a free gift with my AMA membership, but was wondering if I start annotating it during my second year when the 2020 version comes out will I have to get the new version? I am thinking its more like a textbook with very minute changes just for $$$ but interested in how others did it!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Was wondering if the First Aid editions between years have significant differences? I am getting First Aid 2019 as a free gift with my AMA membership, but was wondering if I start annotating it during my second year when the 2020 version comes out will I have to get the new version? I am thinking its more like a textbook with very minute changes just for $$$ but interested in how others did it!

I used a 2015 edition for my 2018 exam. there was like maybe one important difference (updated biochem chart) vs my friends who used the 2017 or 2018 version. 2019 for 2020 will be totally fine

Reactions: 4 users
I used a 2015 edition for my 2018 exam. there was like maybe one important difference (updated biochem chart) vs my friends who used the 2017 or 2018 version. 2019 for 2020 will be totally fine
Wow! That helps a lot
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Shouldn't be many changes because the exam hasn't changed much. There are always updates regarding errata and some charts are added/taken out but you can search around on here/Google for differences in year to year up to now and you'll likely find that the changes aren't meaningful.

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you feel that somehow medicine, physiology, pharmacology and pathophysiology will significantly change in 2 years that you need the most recent FA, a 2 year old version is going to be just fine.

I also found published updates from MS-1 and MS-2, so you won't feel behind.