Pushing "Review All" button during actual MCAT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkelton

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken the beast, and achieved the score range you wanted. Did you ever use the "Review All" button during your test to make sure all questions have been answered? Is using this button a waste of precious time?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have taken the beast, and achieved the score range you wanted. Did you ever use the "Review All" button during your test to make sure all questions have been answered? Is using this button a waste of precious time?

Sure. If I finish a section early, I'll usually review marked Qs first. If I finish that, I will do review all, just to flip through the sections and see whether I made any mistakes. I don't think it's a waste of time... I did it less to make sure all Qs were answered and more to just double check my answers.

this is a very useful function. I would say that not using it would be silly. And it only takes 1/2 a second, anyway.

Why would you even have to use it? On the review page, there's 2 columns: one = questions answered, the other one = questions unanswered. All you have to do is see if there's a "Yes" in the unanswered column and then go back to that question. Using the Review All wastes time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont' recall using it, I would look at the review page to make sure I didn't accidentally skip a question.

:confused: So, can you go to the REVIEW page from the very beginning of the test? Or, does the test force you to go through the first round with all questions before the REVIEW would become available?

Never did it on my practices, I just use it to make sure I didn't leave any blanks but its defaulted when you're done. I guess if you mark stuff it makes it more visible.

yea, it's good to use. unless you're running out of time that is. one of my computers was slow and took like 15 seconds to load it. not to mention it took that long just to flip pages! the computers were terribly slow. my 2nd MCAT was at a different location, computers were better, way better monitors, but the keyboards were old and LOUD. can't find perfection

I achieved 1 point above my goal score. I had time to use this during BS and PS, which I did just to make sure that I had answered everything. On verbal there was no time.

One of my instructors told me that they studied the phenomenon of changed answers. They found that the vast majority of times a person changed an answer they changed it from right to wrong. Moral of the story....be careful of second guessing yourself.