put in wrong contact info on AMCAS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jolie South

is invoking Domo. . .
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized that I put the wrong area code for my phone number on AMCAS. I've already been verified and apps are out.

If I update my AMCAS info, will the change go out to all the schools? Or, do I need to update each school individually?

Don't know how I missed this mistake. I read through that thing like 100 times before submitting.

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, in fact, most schools specifically state that any changes in contact info must be done through AMCAS and not through direct communication with the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't fret. Medical schools actually have an AMCAS account of their own where they can see all the applicants that listed their school on their AMCAS application. So when you change your information, they immediately see the change when they log in. So you are fine.

They continually update their contact information. Even now, my med school for the fall is asking us to update AMCAS with the most recent information since any changes that they make to the computer files is overwritten by AMCAS automatically.