Put on HOLD at Cinci!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applehead96

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I was put on hold today at U Cincinnati, and that WSUReds was right about me interviewing for the WL when I interviewed in March. If anyone else is on hold there, please share!

Does anyone know if "hold" is the same as WL??

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by applehead96:
•Does anyone know if "hold" is the same as WL??
Thanks :p •••••Yes, it is. Good luck to you. Hopefully I'll see you there in August.

I've been on hold for many months (as a non-resident) but I can't really offer anything new. I wish they would give us a little more info about where we stand. Does anyone know if the alternate list is prioritized in any way? I wonder if I should send more material to show interest??

Members don't see this ad :)
The alternate list should be formed by May 15. They'll send you a letter if they want you on the list, and you have to send them a form if you want to be included on the list (i.e, you're still hoping to get in). The list is ranked, so they go down the list and offer accpetances as spots become available. I've heard that once you get an interview, they make no distinction between in-state and out-of-state. The list will move all summer... good luck!! :)

Thanks for the great info Amy :D

Could you also answer the following questions?

1. Is it appropriate for me to send a letter expressing my interest now that I've been put on HOLD(i.e. to increase my chances of being on that alternate list)?

2. how much movement occurs on the WL each year?

Any help appreciated :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by applehead96:
•Thanks for the great info Amy :D

Could you also answer the following questions?

1. Is it appropriate for me to send a letter expressing my interest now that I've been put on HOLD(i.e. to increase my chances of being on that alternate list)?

2. how much movement occurs on the WL each year?

Any help appreciated :) •••••Writing a letter of intent is a great idea! I wrote one last year, and also sent another LOR in the spring... I think that was after I was waitlisted. I like to think it helped. :wink: As for WL movement, it's impossible to say. That will differ every year. It all depends on how many acceptances are turned down. I think it's safe to say that if you make it to the alternate list, you have a very good shot of getting in. I'll be happy to answer any more questions (that is, when I can take a study break). :D

Hey it is completely possible to get pulled in off the wait list at any time. One person in my calss that is graduating this year got a phone call August 23th about a possible position--and classes started August 26th. I thinki she was the happiest person in the whole class at orientation. Anyway, hang in there.

great info, thanks. I'll get started on my letter now!

:p

Miss Fooks, i believe, said they have two separate alternate lists for in- and out-of-staters. Just wanted to correct you.