Put on hold what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrcobis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been put on hold at a couple schools. While reading around the forums here I noticed that some people recommend sending a letter to these schools expressing my interest and begging for an interview. Is this common practice? Also if I was put on hold a couple months ago is it too late to send a letter to the school?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been put on hold at a couple schools. While reading around the forums here I noticed that some people recommend sending a letter to these schools expressing my interest and begging for an interview. Is this common practice? Also if I was put on hold a couple months ago is it too late to send a letter to the school?

Yes it's common practice.
No it's not too late.

And make sure the intent of your letter is not to 'beg for an interview'... Sounds so desperate and pathetic... Your intent should only be to show your interest in their school specifically and to update them with any relevant activities you've done this semester.

Make sure that the school ACCEPTS update letters, a lot of them do not.

I could not find information on this except where it was expressly stated on Albany's page that they do not accept updates. I sent letters to all my other schools and got about 4 somewhat rude e-mails back saying they do not accept unsolicited information/updates.