1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

put wrong hospital name down!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tatabox80, Oct 29, 2002.

1. tatabox80

tatabox80 Super-Duper Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Shoot. I just noticed a major mistake in my application!!! I put Akron Children's Medical Center down instead of Children's hospital medical center of akron!!!!!!!! Am I doomed! I volunteered here and had always called it by that name! I feel like a total fool.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. poloace

poloace Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

no- they won't really think about it. if it makes you feel any better- under COUNTY of residence' i actually put USA... hope this makes you piss in your pants laughing, cuz i almost shat in mine... but, i still have interviews. so, its cool-
    peter

4. tatabox80

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The thing is though...one of the schools I'm applying to, children's is one of their teaching hospitals!!!

5. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i will refrain from my usual sarcastic response to something like this since you're such a cute little powerpuff girl.

dont sweat it, really, i've found some small dumb errors in my applications and its not held me up some far. you're bound to find mistakes in secondaries and amcas if you go through most people's applications. I think they'll get the point

6. poloace

poloace Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

DW-
    you know... you're really getting to me... how many posts are you averaging a day now, like 63??? ;) unreal..
    p

7. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i come in waves. i leave for a few days, they i have a string several boring days at work, like today :)

8. tatabox80

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well, that's good. I'm hoping that it won't be too much of a problem. Akron Children's is the teaching hospital of one of my top choice schools....

9. xaelia

xaelia neenlet
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    I put down "The Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania" rather than "The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia" on my AMCAS application. And this is where I work.

That must be why Johns Hopkins and UCSF rejected me! Damn! Oh well...I'll have to content myself with the other twelve interview invites so far....

10. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I really wouldn't stress about it... they'll know which hospital you are referring to. Also, a friend of mine on an adcom told me they spend approximately 3-4 minutes scanning each secondary and thats about it b/c of the high volume, they probably won't even notice.

11. crazyA

crazyA Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, this is a great idea, let's all just start posting the stupid errors we made on our apps...

I put down the wrong county when it asked for our birthplace...and I also misspelled my county of residence TWICE on the AMCAS

And under one of my activities, for its description, I started off by saying "Once a year, my club has an annual..."

Like the other people here have said, I'm sure you all will be fine...

12. siempre595

7+ Year Member

Let's see, on my AMCAS my parents showed up as not having a legal county or state of residence, and it also appears that I have two degrees coming this may rather than one. Fortunately, I've still got two interviews lined up already. I think this stuff is not all that important. And it appears to happen a lot either by us or AMCAS. Just go with it.

13. mvervaine

mvervaine Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

oh! i have a stupid mistake too. for one of my activities which spanned from '98-'99 i accidentally put '98-'89.:p

14. wolferman

wolferman Member?
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    In my Duke essay that dealt with critical issues and ethical questions I accidentally referred to Kerry Mullis's cloning of Dolly the sheep. Unfortunately (for me), that acheivement actually goeses to Ian Wilmut. I'm screwed if any adcom member possesses even a basic knowledge of biological history.

15. Lara

Lara Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Want stupid typos? Try putting "emphasize" when you meant *empathize* on your PS!!! :eek:

Just curious to see if I'm right, but did Kerry Mullis invent the PCR technique?

16. wolferman

wolferman Member?
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, he did. It's dumb. I was writing with such a rhythm that I just put down Mullis's name and kept going. I was planning on fact-checking later to make sure but I I forgot. What really bites is that I spent tons of time on Duke's secondary. After all, they had 2 essays and 6 "short answers".

17. redleft123

redleft123 Ho' Dawg
    7+ Year Member

Don't you hate it when you run spell check....and it goes thru because the misspelled words are real words, too. :eek:

Get this.....instead of writing "does not," I put the space in the wrong place. Instead, I typed "doe snot." :rolleyes:

Gross....I'll never look at Bambi again without that sinking feeling in my gut! :p

Cheers