Putting school tuition on credit card?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nerdeka

Female
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So unfortunately, I don't qualify for federal loans (going in to discuss today) and I applied for some loans with a high interest rate despite my decent credit score (750, no negatives).

And I keep getting offers for no interest for 24 months etc. Would it be stupid to put my tuition on the credit card if I'm pretty sure I can pay it off starting next semester (job next semester, this semester MCAT)?

Members don't see this ad.

That is how I survived undergrad because the government doesn't give us enough money to live off of (thanks a lot :punch::rage::mad:). I would if I were you... we have to do what we have to do to reach our ultimate goal.

My only piece of advice is be very careful (coming from someone with personal experience here) CCs are a very slippery slope and it is easy to get WAY upside down VERY fast.
I completely understand, I have like 8 CCs but they are always paid in full (never had any late fees/interest). The hard part will be living off a CC, need to be very careful and mooch off family for food lol.