Q Bank Dilemma! Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks. I am taking COMLEX I in June and have just registered for USMLE I as well...hopefully taking that not too long after.

I have decided to save Q bank for the month leading up to the exam as I feel doing questions rights now (I already have some questions) isn't helping because I am focusing most of my energy on review.

So here is my dilemma:

Do I buy Q bank for the COMLEX or for the USMLE?

Anyone have experience with both exams or a similar situation?

COMLEX is supposedly more clinically based (more akin to USMLE II) and USMLE is obviously heavy in basic science.

Any thoughts?

Much appreciated.

JPH

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't go with the COMLEX Q-bank because:
1. for the exact same price as the USMLE Q-bank you lose 1000 questions on the COMLEX Q-bank and I keep hearing over and over that it is essential to do lots and lots of questions, so why rob yourself of 1000 questions for a very expensive price?

2.the USMLE Q-bank has worked for previous Osteopathic exam takers for both COMLEX and USMLE. Why switch to a question bank that hasn't proven itself to be effective yet?

For me, it was easy. I don't want to risk using a question bank that is maybe lacking. I know USMLE Q-bank works, so that is the route I chose. I am taking both exams too.
If you are looking for more clinical vignette type questions, there are other sources besides the COMLEX Q-bank that are just as effective. I hear the underground clinical vignettes are supposed to be pretty good.