q bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buddindoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
please some one with experience help me here..while doing the questions in q bank (kaplan) i some times, actually a lot of times come across questions i dont have the vaguest clue of ..so wht am i supposed to do then.it leaves me very discouraged.should i ignore the fact that i know i am answering them wrong and keep on w/ it or quit and study them from the text books or check the answers and studythem from the explanation part .
would studying from the kaplan text books,step up and fa...just suffice????
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry about it...there were quite a few of those for me. what i did every time i used qbank was to pretend it was an actual block in my exam. i don't think using the study mode was too helpful. i did the best i could, if it was a toughie i marked it and came back at the end when i didn't have to worry about hurrying to the next question. try to narrow it down to a couple of choices, you can usually eliminate an answer or two...then, after you finish all 50 go back and review the explanations on all of them, especially those you did not get right, or those you guessed on. if needed, break out the books too.

it is good to get used to dealing with those as best you can, because the real usmle has the same type of questions. getting into a rythym of trying to break down the questions at least to where you have a 50/50 guess will help keep you from panic when it counts. my first three questions on the usmle were so tough, i almost lost it anyway. then, there were also quite a few no-brainers.

don't let it freak you out. you will not know everything, it is just not possible. do your best, learn what you can, work hard and it will all work out.

good luck!

Just learn from them and move on. I found Q-bank to be an indespensible way to end my day of studying. I learned some new things, and I learned some things that I thought I already had a good grasp of.
But the last thing you wanna do is get frustrated, which is why I stopped using Q-bank about 4-days before the test (w/ only about 200 more unused questions left.) At that point I was averaging about 70-75% but the occasional 60 would send me into fits. I figured it was time to stop and build up my confidence at that point, confidence was more valuable than whatever tidbit I might learn from the remaining questions.