Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Q: Declaration of Intent

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by trying2becomeMD, Jan 24, 2002.

1. trying2becomeMD

trying2becomeMD Senior Member

If I sign the Dec. of Intent and explicitely (sp?) state that I will register in 2002-2003 class for X med school, does it mean that I can not register at another school if I get another acceptance?

I guess I am confused b/c of the wording "register" in entering class... I am waiting to hear from 2 other schools. Not really familiar with the process, so wanted to make sure in case those 2 schools are notified that I accepted a seat at this school and drops me!

TIA.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member

You can hold a place in more than one school until May 15th. Then you have to choose.

4. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member

I assume that you are talking about a form that the school sends to you after they have offered you an acceptance. UCSD asked that it be returned within 2 weeks.

It is my understanding that even though it sounds like you are signing your life away, you can accept other school's acceptances still. You can hold multiple acceptances until May 15th.