Q on making biology flash cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Folks,
I am wondering how every one comes up with flash cards for biology. I am using TPR in class hyperlearning material. It seems to me that every chapter should be memorized. So, I am more inclined to just read these books a bunch of times and just make cards only for stuff like hormones, difference between sympathetic and parasympathetic etc. Can you share how you are doing this?
Thx!

Members don't see this ad.

Reading the book a bunch of times could work, but what a pain...
Read the book but make sure you are learning the info. Rereading the book a bunch of times without pausing and making sure you are gathering the concepts would be a waste of time.

I make flashcards or note cards on the info I do not know...like hormones.

Make sure your note cards are straightforward and precise and do not get too bunched up into the detail.

Some things you simply need to drill into your brain. Hormones are one of them. I didn't start making note cards till this week (after my first AAMC test). I picked out the stuff I didn't know on the test and made note cards from those. I figured I'd studied relatively well my first run through so my highest yield would be from drilling the little bits I missed into my head. Make them about the important things though or you'll be at it all day and you'll likely spend more time writing them than using them.