Qbank is just taking toooo long

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mountaindew2006

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This goes out to all of you doing Qbank right now.

Over spring break I started trying to hit up Qbank. It takes me FOREVER (4-5) to go through 50 q's. However, when I do go through it I annotate First Aid and read the entire explanation.

Is this is a good way to study? It just seems that since it takes close to 4-5 hrs I can basically just do ONE set of 50 per day. I mean how the heck am I to study for the boards at this rate and get through ALL of qbank? Additionally, I mean all i do is read the questions, after 3 secs of glancing at the answers and making a decision, I go straight to answers.

Tell me what ya'll think of this method. IT just seems it takes me FOREVER to do 50 q's so I dont know how you all get through qbank AND studying for schoolwork in one day.

later

Members don't see this ad.

I think that the way you are handling Q-Bank is right on. With a bit of practice your "review" time will eventually get shorter. One thing you might consider doing is keeping track of any questions that you guessed on, and only review the answers for those questions that you got wrong or had to guess on to get right. Besides, even if your review time doesn't get significantly shorter, eight hour study days will allow you to "book study" for about three hours, do 50 timed questions, and then "question-review study" for another four hours. If you sprinkle in some half length exams (necessitating a couple of days dedicated for question-review), and some days totally off (ideally 1 in every 7), I think that you ought to be GOLDEN. This is the strategy employed by a current third year student at my school who busted a 270 on step 1 last year! Best of luck.

Willamette

After re-reading your post...I think that it would be a better idea to do 50 questions in an hour, AND THEN go over the answers (instead of looking up the answer to each question as you go). This should help with your pacing for test day, and allow your body to warm up and perform in "test-mode" and then do the same in "review-mode." This by itself should help you make more efficient use of your time.

Willemette

I liked being able to see answers and explanations right away while doing q bank. I would aim to get through ~100 questions per day, so that you can finish the 2K questions in 1 month. I'd do one 50 question set in the morning; read a little more on the stuff you missed, and then do another 50 question set in the same topic later that day. It's ok to stop and read if you don't understand answer explanations or because you just want to learn more, but if the explanation is sufficient and you know the topic well, I'd just keep moving on. Good luck!

Originally posted by mountaindew2006
This goes out to all of you doing Qbank right now.

Over spring break I started trying to hit up Qbank. It takes me FOREVER (4-5) to go through 50 q's. However, when I do go through it I annotate First Aid and read the entire explanation.

Is this is a good way to study? It just seems that since it takes close to 4-5 hrs I can basically just do ONE set of 50 per day. I mean how the heck am I to study for the boards at this rate and get through ALL of qbank? Additionally, I mean all i do is read the questions, after 3 secs of glancing at the answers and making a decision, I go straight to answers.

Tell me what ya'll think of this method. IT just seems it takes me FOREVER to do 50 q's so I dont know how you all get through qbank AND studying for schoolwork in one day.

later

Qbank takes too long?

so does med school.

so does residency.

you are spending too much time per 50 questions, but if it works for you, keep it up.