QBank - like the real thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killadoc

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that QBank is a great source to study from...based on their explanations, but is the level of difficulty & detail indicative of the real thing? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I second that...even though it is very expensive, i found it to be worthwhile. good luck.

I thought that the questions on Qbank were good prep but not the same as those on the real test. The best way to get a sense of the real test and how you are prepared is to take one of the $45 NBME tests a week or two before the real thing (these give you an actual meaningful score).

Members don't see this ad :)
How exactly does this NBME Test work? Does it come with explanations or is it only an assessment? I am not sure if this will be worth the money, when in the best case it will give me confidence and in the worst case it will make me panic... :confused:
What does my QBank score have to be to make Step1 (this has probably been discussed already, but can anybody tell me again if there is a way of knowing this?)
I am sitting here in Germany preparing for an exam from another education system and am nervous, seeking tips from you guys!

No explanations.

I think it was a good use of my money b/c it allowed me to actually assess myself. None of the other study tools give you an idea of how you might actually score on the exam.

As for Qbank relating to USMLE scores: this has been discussed ad nauseum. There really isnt a good correlation. People will tell you all sorts of things. That is why the NBME test is useful.

patrick256 said:
at http://usmle.mahanbharat.com/forum/ you can find tons of questions in the question bank for step 1, step 2 and step 3. It also have patho, histo slides as well.

Hey Patrick....Are the 500 or so questions on this website cut and pasted directly from Kaplan's Q-bank? Or are these authorized or unauthorized released questions from previous step I exams?