1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Qbank questions come from outer space?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by ENThopeful, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ENThopeful

2+ Year Member

Anyone who has taken the test, please help me out here.

As I am working on Kaplan qbank microbiology section, many of the questions are on weird and random facts/statistics like Nesseria vaccines vaccinates against 50% of meningitis and how type B or something or another is nonantigenic etc etc. There are questions on weird diseases that aren't even mentioned in first aid.

Now a couple of these problems, no biggy, but I am finding several of these. I have gone through made ridiculously simple and first aid micro and still can only average about 63% on these q bank questions.

Is there some secret source that I am missing to this information? Any tips on how to answer questions like these? How often do questions like this appear on the real deal? Any help would be awesome!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc20

5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    dont fret yourself over kaplan micro questions they are much more detailed then actual step or even usmle world for some odd reason, do uworld for micro to gain confidence and actually assess progress

4. gonogo

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Took the test last year. I found Kaplan micro questions useless. Honestly, all micro you need is in FA. You don't need more than that. In terms of questions, UW was much better.