Qbank ranks for ite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waterbottle10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did a search and there seems to be a ton of resource question banks and I thought it was confusing. Can someone give a subjective rank of what was best for the ite? I noticed ppl used m5, trulearn, Hall, blue, and others... Greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Just pick one and learn it

TrueLearn I'd argue is the most prevalent and widely-used Q bank. I find it VERY helpful for ITE prep. Be sure to read through the explanations - so give yourself several weeks to study if you want/need to be comprehensive.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Hall question book - the previous edition had questions on drugs no longer in clinical circulation (even halothane questions are largely gone from board question banks) and were quite esoteric. Others in my program disagree with me pretty readily though :)

I have heard reasonable things about M5, but not much more. Cannot comment on any of the others.

A liiiitle early in the year for this topic, huh!

Members don't see this ad :)
Initially did hall + m5 + Faust for ite 1/basic worked out very well.

For ite 2 I did trulearn and got fairly similar scores

Sticking with trulearn + reviewing notes this time around for advanced

True learn covers the aba advanced outline content piece by piece. Some explanations are better than others, but all in all it's pretty good.

Like others have said, just pick one and go for it .

Sorry to derail, but can some explain to me the differences between TrueLearn ITE and TrueLearn Basic; i.e why is the ITE one cheaper when it has more questions, and arguably may cover more material?

Sorry to derail, but can some explain to me the differences between TrueLearn ITE and TrueLearn Basic; i.e why is the ITE one cheaper when it has more questions, and arguably may cover more material?

The Basic definitely covers different material (like basic knowledge, little to no advanced topics in Cardiac/Neuro/OB/Peds Anesthesia) than ITE, but most would agree that the Basic Exam is a much higher stakes exam - for most programs, if you fail it twice you are out. The ITE is more to track progress and predict success on board exams and serve almost as an early warning mechanism.

That may be a reason why the Basic Qbank costs more, but I do not remember it being a huge different from the ITE Qbank.

i used anesthesiaqbank.com for basic and advanced. they're all basically the same but this one was WAY cheaper and i liked the questions.

The Basic definitely covers different material (like basic knowledge, little to no advanced topics in Cardiac/Neuro/OB/Peds Anesthesia) than ITE, but most would agree that the Basic Exam is a much higher stakes exam - for most programs, if you fail it twice you are out. The ITE is more to track progress and predict success on board exams and serve almost as an early warning mechanism.

That may be a reason why the Basic Qbank costs more, but I do not remember it being a huge different from the ITE Qbank.

I thought if you failed twice you just have to remediate another 6 months? Although I'm sure programs who didn't need your labor would consider just letting you go.

Never did True learn other than a few questions from my buddy's subscription. I was a big M5 fan. It served me well for all the ITE's/written boards (90%ile+) and gave me a solid knowledge base for oral boards. Easy to read and great explanations. It covered all the material I saw on exams. One I wouldn't recommend is open anesthesia as it was a complete waste of my time and money.

I thought if you failed twice you just have to remediate another 6 months? Although I'm sure programs who didn't need your labor would consider just letting you go.

My program and several others have a 2-strike policy for the basic, you might be able to appear if you have unusual circumstances but it makes it a fairly high stakes exam.

Never did True learn other than a few questions from my buddy's subscription. I was a big M5 fan. It served me well for all the ITE's/written boards (90%ile+) and gave me a solid knowledge base for oral boards. Easy to read and great explanations. It covered all the material I saw on exams. One I wouldn't recommend is open anesthesia as it was a complete waste of my time and money.

Agreed, I bought openanesthesia a week ago cause I was tired of doing M5/truelearn and it is total garbage

Reactions: 1 users
Going through M5 now for writtens. Seems pretty good. I got tired of doing Hall since I went through the second time for ITE this year. With a week of vaca immediately before ITE and all I did was study (AKA, do Hall questions), I scored > 90%-ile. Getting about the same % correct on M5 now with about 4-5 sections to go. We'll see how it correlates with written board scores. Just 4 more days til Friday...

Reactions: 1 user
I second anesthesiaqbank! I took time to go through all their questions, so it's good to start early, but i thought it really helped solidify the info. Plus like timgasman said, it was waaaay cheaper, so def worth it.

I've stated this before in several threads but based on what questions I used, I felt TrueLearn>>M5>>>>>>>>Hall

TrueLearn has a better interface. IT allows you to vary how you take tests and tracks your progress. It also follows the ABA outline and key concepts liek someone else said. It was very much like USMLE World. The best thing I felt was the explanations. It would explain why a certain answer was right, but also why the other answers were wrong, which I felt most questions from other sources didn't do.

I also like M5, especially the writers quirky comments in the explanations. That being said, I thought some of the questions and explanaitons were kind of long winded and and either irrelevant to understanding the concept or were toooooo specific to a point that I think sometimes they went off on a tangent.

Hall was OK for bread and butter stuff, but like someone else said some of the questions and explanations felt like they were lingering around since the 1970s. Also, as stated earlier, some of the answers might explain why the one answer was correct, but sometimes the explanation wasn't great and on questions where I wasn't really sure why an answer was correct there wasn't a reason why another answer might have been wrong.