qbank twice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arctic Char

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this might sound a bit bizarre, but i am considering doing qbank twice this summer, back to back. first time through will be untimed non-random, second round timed random. hopefully my timing will be better, and maybe even my knowledge.

this is of course in addition to many other Q sources . . .

anyway, tell me what you think . . .

Members don't see this ad.

I planned on doing the same thing. Doing some Qs now and then going to get thru them again timed random month prior to exam. At least get your moneys worth then too.

I'm on my third time through Q bank. My score is in the low 90s and I have a stack of detailed notes on each question. OCD? Maybe, but I wanna rock this thing.

Two weeks til test date, I've probably done 7-8 thousand questions so far from Q Bank Q book and all the Rapid Reviews.

I swear once you do so many questions, there's nothing left they can ask you. Plus when you get thrown a question you've never seen before your mind and body just seem to pick the right answer like its a reflex.. and you don't really know why you picked the right answer you just know there's some association that you instinctually recognized. It's a beautiful thing :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Good god people

If you've done all the questions you can find, you should probably take the test as soon as possible. The goal is to be a Step 1 expert, not a QBank expert, and I think prolonging your use of QBank will only hurt you on topics that it doesn't cover.

Just a couple of years ago, doing 2000 questions (once) was considered hardcore.

Good god people

If you've done all the questions you can find, you should probably take the test as soon as possible. The goal is to be a Step 1 expert, not a QBank expert, and I think prolonging your use of QBank will only hurt you on topics that it doesn't cover.

Just a couple of years ago, doing 2000 questions (once) was considered hardcore.

The answer to every Q bank question can be found in FA. No one believes me but it's true. Whether in theory, or some very close associated theory, or even being explicit, every concept and answer to every question is in FA. FA and Q bank are all you need :cool:

I'm on my third time through Q bank. My score is in the low 90s and I have a stack of detailed notes on each question. OCD? Maybe, but I wanna rock this thing.

Two weeks til test date, I've probably done 7-8 thousand questions so far from Q Bank Q book and all the Rapid Reviews.

:wow:

^^ :D

I just want a 230. I feel if I can shoot for that 260 and fall short a bit I have a good chance :cool:

Pretty bold statement considering you haven't taken the real thing yet.

I do agree that they'll get you pretty far, however. I guess it depends on what "you need."

Funny how people refuse to listen to those who have ACTUALLY TAKEN THE EXAM.

By the way marie, your assertion that there's nothing left they can ask you is so full of arrogance and naivete I don't know where to begin.