Qbank vs Qbook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeauxDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Kaplan books used, which included Qbook. Can anyone tell me would it be worth it to subscribe to Qbank?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

i'd say you should do the Qbook first, and then, if you have at least a month left before the exam, do Qbank. i, for one, didn't have enough time left for Qbank after doing both the Qbook and NMS book. actually, i had a couple of weeks left, but chose to reread the 2 books i did (parts of them) rather than start a whole new bunch of questions, and that helped a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
I disagree about Qbook. I wouldnt waste my time with it (its much more difficult than Qbank and the real thing), Qbank is more reflective of the exam, although even that is more detail oriented than the real thing. You'll have your hands full getting through Qbank as it is (along with all the other lovely review books) Enjoy!

yes, Qbook is harder than the real exam, and most people say that Qbank is easier. so if a person could only do one of them, wouldn't it be better to do the harder one and be over-prepared than vice versa?

q bank is much, much more convenient to use then any book. It's formated in similarly to step I from a computer layout viewpoint, and it offers you the option of clicking on "answer explanation" while you are taking the test in the untimed version, which saves a lot of time from page turning. Also, I like to look at answers and explanations right after I complete questions so that I still have the question fresh in my mind, and I have always found it difficult to read the answer and explanation to one question without inadvertently seeing the answer to the next question that I am preparing to do. Q bank also has the advantage of tracking your progress and giving you a score that pretty accurately gauges your preparedness for step I (ie >50%, you should pass). I don't think that anyone should prepare for step I without using q bank.

The only problem with qbank is that it just doesn't have enough questions. The Qbook is organized into discipline-specific quizzes (which helps in studying) plus it provides a ton of extra questions.

Originally posted by GeauxDO
I just bought the Kaplan books used, which included Qbook. Can anyone tell me would it be worth it to subscribe to Qbank?:confused:

It's a must....:thumbup:

I know this is a silly question, but...

Qbank and Qbook have different questions, right?

in doing both the qbank and the qbook, i have found that the qbook questions are much much more straightforward and reflect the NBME questions in the forms Ive take so far. Im actually scoring much higher on the Qbook(70-80's) than Qbank(68 avg). If you have time, just do both

Are you guys sure that qbook is more difficult than qbank? I completely disagree. I've been getting 75-85% in qbook questions and 60-70% in qbank questions. Just my 2 c.

No we agree with you. But I just took an NBME test and it seemed like the questions in the Qbook were more like the NBME questions. Qbank has a number of random, where the hell did you come up with that questions. But all in all both are good...the more the better I guess.