QBank vs QReview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fat_thrombosis

36-24-36
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what's the deal with Kaplan's Q-business? I've got to choose among Qbank, IVQbank, and QReview and I can't make up my mind... ayudame por favor.

Members don't see this ad.

qBank was the first question bank they made. It's got several thousand questions which will prepare you well for Step 1. the IVBank is supposed to be "integrated vingettes", but it has many many of the same questions as qBank. It's formatted such that it has a vingette and then 3-10 questions referring to it.

I had access to both because a couple friends shared a 6 month subscription early on (and then when it came crunch time we got our own since it can only be used from one computer at a time), but I'd say that IV bank is not worth it because of the overlap and the format. Stick with qBank.

I think qReview are like classes -- I want to say they're on the internet? I didn't use them.

I think they dropped the IV (int vins) and created an "internal medicine Qbank." I also heard the the IV was a waste.

To buy Qbank or Int Med Qbank separately is $250 for 3months and $150 for one month.

QREVIEW($499) is a package: 6months on Qbank + Qreview + online exam simulator. That's 2,620 questions! [this is from a pamphlet]

-- Its my assumption that solid internal medicine skills will help overall on the exam.

I personally am tempted to pay for the 6 month (even though I 'll only use it a max of 3.5 months). I came to to find out if it is worth it.

We all know the regular Qbank is awesome, but...
HAS ANYONE TRIED WITH THE INTERNAL MEDICINE QBANK? ? ?

I agree, IV qbank is a waste of time. Even a few questions in Qbank tend to be a little bit limited in their understanding of concepts sometimes, as if the question writers didn't have much real expertise in the subject. But I do like Qbank for review purposes.

stick with the one or three month deal. i know only one person that liked the IV. personally i think it's crap. and you don't really need it for 6 months. man i can't believe i paid 500 bucks for an online program with a bunch of questions on it. that was so lame.