qbank vs. the real thing for average and below stduents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cowboy_x

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read many posts lately in a thread that asked people to compare qbank scores with how they did on the real exam. As many have noticed and posted in that forum, many of the posts either have sketchy sources ("my friend said...") or seem to be inflated nonetheless. I mean how many people have 5 or more friends with whom they're close enough to divulge these numbers?

So here is the deal: I want to hear from non-genius people like myself, peopel who are smart but still needed to work to do well (or well enough, anyhow) to be here now. I am averaging a 55% on qbank (latest few tests) and just got a 52% on the in center test and I'm ****ting myself. My date isn't until July 3rd, and if I cannot improve by then I'm considering taking time off to do this right.

There are some things in life I do half-assed, but I really don't want this to be one of them. At the same time I don't expect a 250.

Please respond with real comparisons of qbank and your usmle, or simply offer advice. I do not want this to become a mind-flexing contest of people who didn't do qbank or started qbank 3 days before the exam and pulled off a 250.

Thanks,
X

Members don't see this ad.

yes, i'm aware i misspelled "students" in a phrase describing "below average students"

X