QI section of OSCE APPLIED exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lashler9054

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Studying for OSCE. Focusing on QI. Do I have to know anything else besides PDSA or Lean six sigma. Is there anything else I need to know? Do I need to know root cause analysis? Has anyone that has taken the OSCE been asked on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Just regurgitated PDSA (which I pretty much "learned" the night before the exam) and passed.

Reactions: 1 user
Watch the 3 minute video on the OSCE website. You literally just talk a colleague through creating a QI project and address the 5 steps of a QI project as discussed in that video. They're not trying to trick you, it's literally exactly what's on the website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Watch the 3 minute video on the OSCE website. You literally just talk a colleague through creating a QI project and address the 5 steps of a QI project as discussed in that video. They're not trying to trick you, it's literally exactly what's on the website.
Where is that video? I looked at both the content outline and the example scenarios on the ABA website and couldn’t find a QI sample video. I saw sample videos and pics for the technical portions of the exam though

Reactions: 1 user
Can you please provide a link to this specific video? I can’t find it. Perhaps there’s a place I haven’t looked

looks like they got rid of the video, but the video literally just read off the 5 components from the content outline. 1) measure what your going to try to improve, 2) talk to all the stakeholders and create a plan ...

If I was grading these things and you launched into six sigma and Swiss cheese analogies it’d be instant fail.

seriously do NOT overthink this. Watch the video and regurgitate. It’s very basic (disclosure, I didn’t have that station).

Ok. Good to hear. I’m taking a mock exam through a prep course that was recommended on here for the OSCE and the mock question was literally how to go through an RCA. That didn’t seem right. Wanted to confirm