QR section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babars

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken the DAT, how hard is the QR section? comparable to the Destroyer or more like Kaplan Topical Tests level? all the resources vary in difficulty level. I found Kaplan's word problems REALLY difficult. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The QR section is not as difficult as Kaplan practice tests. It is around the same difficulty as TopScore DAT practice QR sections. Although it can vary, I took the DAT twice and the first time I got a 21 on the QR but the second time I got an 18. The most important thing to remember when taking the QR section is time management. Work on your speed and basic mathematical theory.

Conversions were not that prevalant in my tests, but I would at least know common conversions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering, is DAT Destroyer QR section too easy or similar to the actual DAT because destroyer QR seems pretty easy to me

I never used DAT destroyer so Im not sure. If you want to familiarize yourself with the format of the actual DAT, go to http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/index.asp
Look under "Before the Test" and click on "Software Demo & Sample Question"
This contains a few sample questions, but more importantly, it is exactly how the DAT format will be when your test day comes.