QTDDTOTT-"Questions that don't deserve their own thread" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halcyon32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had a ton of random questions over the past few weeks, and even years, about the application process that I always felt a little bad about asking because they would each be sufficiently ended with one post responses and, especially now, I'd have to spam the forum to get all my questions answered. So in an effort not to flood the pre-medical forum with miscellaneous questions, I am creating this QTDDTOT thread. Hopefully others find it useful, as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I suppose it makes sense if I add one of my questions too:

I have a repeated EC, i.e. one that I do during the school year only, how should I indicate hours that I plan to do in the future? For example, when next semester starts in September, I plan on starting one of my ECs again but AMCAS only lets you put in a start date that has already passed, not a future start date. Should I just answer "no" for "Repeated?" and list all the hours, current and future, all together?

Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose it makes sense if I add one of my questions too:

I have a repeated EC, i.e. one that I do during the school year only, how should I indicate hours that I plan to do in the future? For example, when next semester starts in September, I plan on starting one of my ECs again but AMCAS only lets you put in a start date that has already passed, not a future start date. Should I just answer "no" for "Repeated?" and list all the hours, current and future, all together?

There's a thread for questions like that :)

*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Work/Activities Tips Thread 2017-2018*~*~*~*

Reactions: 1 user
"Threads about 'questions that don't deserve their own thread' that don't deserve their own thread" thread, or TAQTDDTOTTDDTOTT for short. Did I get that right?

Bonus points: for MCAT-studiers, what is the official charge state of this thread TAQTDDTOTTDDTOTT at physiological conditions? Assume O is the 1-letter code for ornithine.

Reactions: 2 users
Bonus points: for MCAT-studiers, what is the official charge state of this thread TAQTDDTOTTDDTOTT at physiological conditions? Assume O is the 1-letter code for ornithine.

-2? @aldol16 probably knows a lot more on this stuff.

T = 0
A = 0
Q = 0
D = -1
O = +1

4D + 2O = 4(-1) + 2(1) = -2. But I probably messed up somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Thats the role of this forum...
Such a thread would be unduly inefficient
Of course it is. I just thought this sort of thread would be more efficient in answering smaller questions that one would be hesitant to create a whole new thread for and avoid clogging up the forum. But I guess I'm the only one who sees it that way!

-2? @aldol16 probably knows a lot more on this stuff.

T = 0
A = 0
Q = 0
D = -1
O = +1

4D + 2O = 4(-1) + 2(1) = -2. But I probably messed up somewhere.

Great! lol that was quick.
Fortunately the terminal amine (1+) and carboxylate (-1) cancel each other out at physiological conditions (though this wouldn't be true in sufficiently acidic or basic conditions).

old threads never die. they unravel as we needle their OPs. I think that sews things up nicely. Hopefully that will keep the forum in stitches. I will button my lip now
Undoubtedly the pun king of SDN. (don't tell Goro)

old threads never die. they unravel as we needle their OPs. I think that sews things up nicely. Hopefully that will keep the forum in stitches. I will button my lip now
I have a feeling you'll be telling us some yarns pretty soon. But watch, this thread will be a patchwork of puns. SDNers should not be afraid of going up against the Prince of Punnery, after all, he puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us. He's a great guy actually; I'd give him the shirt off my back, and I'll tip my hat to him anytime. But I'd not want to walk in shoes. He might try and sock me.

Reactions: 2 users
I have a feeling you'll be telling us some yarns pretty soon. But watch, this thread will be a patchwork of puns. SDNers should not be afraid of going up against the Prince of Punnery, after all, he puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us. He's a great guy actually; I'd give him the shirt off my back, and I'll tip my hat to him anytime. But I'd not want to walk in shoes. He might try and sock me.
How else could anyone put on pants? I'm on pins and needles. ( Am I doing this right)

Now, now, no need to get hot under the collar. I can't sugar coat this, there are people here, after all, who act like they need a straitjacket. You can always count on me and you know I'll give you the shirt off my back. But to take on the Prince of Punnery, I'm going to have to roll up my sleeves and get to work. Hopefully, you'll give me a tip of the hat. And to cap this all off, I have to admit that I am flying by the seat of my pants.

Reactions: 1 users