Quantcast

Qualification In Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxchericherixx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELLO, IM FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, AND I WENT TO THE NABP WEBPAGE AND TOOK A LOOK AT THE INSTRUCTION ON APPLICATION FOR PHARMACIST LICENSER IN CALIFORNIA, AND IT SAYS YOU MUST OBTAIN A B.S IN PHARMACY OR PHARM.D FROM AN ACCREDITED PHARMACY SCHOOL, SO IM ASKING IF ANYONE KNOW TO BE A LICENSE PHARMACIST CAN I JUST GET MY B.S TO BE AN APPLICANT TO TAKE THE TEST OR DO I HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE 8YRS. ALSO I CAME ACROSS MANY SCHOOLS IN ALABAMA (JUST 2 ACTUALLY :() FOR PHARMACY AND IT SEEMS TO ME YOU CAN ALSO JUST COME STRAIGHT FROM A JUNIOR COLLEGE TO PHARM.D, I KNOW IT MIGHT BE BETTER IF I DO THE LONGER WAY, BUT IF I DON'T HAVE TO I WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS TRUE AND TRY, BUT I WOULD ALSO GET MY BACCALAUREATE.
HERE IS THE SITE FOR THE APPLICANT REQUIREMENT:http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/rph_app_pkt2.pdf:D
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

DrugDealer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You can no longer get a BS in pharmacy in the US...this degree was phased out a few years ago and now you can only get a PharmD. The applications still talk about BS degrees for those folks who earned them years ago and are looking for licensure in other states.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yup, like whats been said, you'll have to get all your undergrad requirements and then a Pharm.D., the BS doesn't exist anymore. Also you have to host those pics online before they will show up on the forum