Qualification In Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxchericherixx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELLO, IM FROM NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, AND I WENT TO THE NABP WEBPAGE AND TOOK A LOOK AT THE INSTRUCTION ON APPLICATION FOR PHARMACIST LICENSER IN CALIFORNIA, AND IT SAYS YOU MUST OBTAIN A B.S IN PHARMACY OR PHARM.D FROM AN ACCREDITED PHARMACY SCHOOL, SO IM ASKING IF ANYONE KNOW TO BE A LICENSE PHARMACIST CAN I JUST GET MY B.S TO BE AN APPLICANT TO TAKE THE TEST OR DO I HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE 8YRS. ALSO I CAME ACROSS MANY SCHOOLS IN ALABAMA (JUST 2 ACTUALLY :() FOR PHARMACY AND IT SEEMS TO ME YOU CAN ALSO JUST COME STRAIGHT FROM A JUNIOR COLLEGE TO PHARM.D, I KNOW IT MIGHT BE BETTER IF I DO THE LONGER WAY, BUT IF I DON'T HAVE TO I WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS TRUE AND TRY, BUT I WOULD ALSO GET MY BACCALAUREATE.
HERE IS THE SITE FOR THE APPLICANT REQUIREMENT:http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/rph_app_pkt2.pdf:D
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

You can no longer get a BS in pharmacy in the US...this degree was phased out a few years ago and now you can only get a PharmD. The applications still talk about BS degrees for those folks who earned them years ago and are looking for licensure in other states.

Yup, like whats been said, you'll have to get all your undergrad requirements and then a Pharm.D., the BS doesn't exist anymore. Also you have to host those pics online before they will show up on the forum