Qualified but no love from NU...

pdmumm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
    I know that NW'ern gets a lot of applicants and that a whole bunch of them are very qualified. That being said, did anybody else feel that they were extremely deserving (don't worry I won't ramble off my stats or ECs) of an interview but instead got no love? It just pisses me off b/c I had my app complete mid-Sep, called numerous times and expressed very clearly in my essays (which I worked very hard on) that NU was a top-top choice of mine and how I really thought I fit well into their school. First contact from them is the rejection I got yesterday. Sorry, I had to vent.

umass rower

Insert clever phrase here
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 24, 2003
    1. Fellow [Any Field]
      You've surely heard it a million times before, but there seems to be a strong element of random chance when it comes to any particular school. If you are a strong applicant, there's a good chance you'll get in somewhere, but a lot of times there seems to be little rhyme or reason as to why you get into one school and not another. So I can't offer an explanation, only sympathy.

rebeclette

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jan 29, 2004
      Philadelphia
        Sorry man, that bites. Its almost worse getting rejected after the interview. I didn't really like northwestern when I looked at it for undergrad, so I wasn't that upset when they didn't offer me an interview after my file was complete in september. Then when they finally did in January, and I went and really loved it, it was a major bumber not getting in. Especially since it means they thought I was competative but maybe they just didn't like me as a person!
        I feel your pain!

About the Ads

LaurieB

10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Jul 2, 2003
        Chicago
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          I got a "legacy" rejection letter acknowleding my family's "special association" with NU, but regretting to inform me that they are unable to offer me a place in their class. I have to say that I was highly amused that they made a point of this in my letter. I never expected to get legacy treatment, and I really didn't expect a special rejection.

ventulus18

10+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Feb 14, 2004
          California
          1. Attending Physician
            i couldnt believe that until yesterdays mail brought a letter from chicago with a negative answer?..they tried to soften the blow by stating that it must be a disappointment for you and your family noting family affiliation with the college. they need to improve on their PR.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.