This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangetulip93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I’m currently in the interviewing process of getting into PT school. I have applied to Suny Downstate and Touro College. I have heard mix reviews for both places. Now that it is 2018, I’m just wondering if any of the two schools have made better changes in their curriculum, scheduling, teaching staff, facilities, etc. If not, I would like to know the specific difficulties or flaws of the programs.

I have an interview with Downstate in the next 2 weeks. I haven’t heard anything from Touro College as yet. I just want to compose several questions to ask them about any issues or concerns with their programs. Opinions from current students or alumni are certainly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have interviewed for Downstate before and currently have a friend who is about to complete her second year there. For me I thought that the school was a bit small and outdated to an extent, but it should get the job done. My friend tells me that the professors are more geared towards neurological PT more than orthopedic and she wishes there was more ortho in her life, your mileage may vary. In terms of quality of education I don't think there's a lot of deviation from any other PT school, you'll learn the same material here in NY that you will in Kansas or Montana. It's really all about passing the boards and getting your license and that comes down to your standardized test taking skills. Just as a heads up, the interview for downstate has a couple of short answer questions and an essay, followed by a 1 on 1 interview. Good luck and I hope you get into a school you enjoy!

Hey Everyone!
I’m currently in the interviewing process of getting into PT school. I have applied to Suny Downstate and Touro College. I have heard mix reviews for both places. Now that it is 2018, I’m just wondering if any of the two schools have made better changes in their curriculum, scheduling, teaching staff, facilities, etc. If not, I would like to know the specific difficulties or flaws of the programs.

I have an interview with Downstate in the next 2 weeks. I haven’t heard anything from Touro College as yet. I just want to compose several questions to ask them about any issues or concerns with their programs. Opinions from current students or alumni are certainly appreciated! :)

Hey Did you hear back from downstate yet? I interviewed last week. I hope we get in!!!:)