Quality of life as a 1st year med student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slash

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How strained will your budget be as a 1st year med student? After seeing what your school budgeted for your living expenses, will your budget be tight every month? Are you worried about making the bills? Or are you living in ghetto apartment with money to spare? Just curious, my budget is tight with only $102 to eat off a month. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Law2Doc said:
Go to every meeting and join every group that promises free food. In med school you can easilly wolf down a couple thousand calories a day without spending a cent.

:laugh: We do that now in undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
quality of life sucks
not because you have no money- you can always get more with loans
but because you have no time and the stress is so high
don't worry there is no time to eat so you won't have to spend much on food

Slash said:
How strained will your budget be as a 1st year med student? After seeing what your school budgeted for your living expenses, will your budget be tight every month? Are you worried about making the bills? Or are you living in ghetto apartment with money to spare? Just curious, my budget is tight with only $102 to eat off a month. :scared:

Luckily, if I stay in Ga I can commute to my top choice (Emory) and live in a relatively inexpensive area in the suburbs. Luckily, my twin sister and I can eat and live like one person, but with double the money since we share everything. So med school won't be so tight.

Plus I can always go to my mom's house and eat while she's not home lol. But if I go out of state, I'm sort of screwed. :(