Quality of the new EK 101 books for Biomolecules, CARS, Physics? My opinion, how about others?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chinesedude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been using the Biomolecules and it is VERY experimental. I like it a lot but cannot comment on how representative it is to AAMC because I haven't taken any yet.

CARS... hmm... It doesn't seem representative to any of my NS practice exams or my TPR Hyperlearning books. I don't know if CARS has changed recently but these are freakin' hard and I'm wondering if I should continue using them. Comments?

Physics... haven't touched yet, would appreciate feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I find the new CARS book to be great. Really makes you think and also has great explanations. Just got the physics but haven't touched it yet.

EK consistently puts out good material. I am sure these are all quality resources. Wouldn't put any of the books in front of AAMC material though... but would put TBR gen chem, physics, and orgo in front of these.

Members don't see this ad :)
EK consistently puts out good material. I am sure these are all quality resources. Wouldn't put any of the books in front of AAMC material though... but would put TBR gen chem, physics, and orgo in front of these.
Does the AAMC make any content review material besides their partnership with Khan? Would be nice to see how deep into their MCAT outline the expect us to go. The current guide is just vague enough to leave them wiggle room to ask about so many things/concepts I cannot anticipate.

Does the AAMC make any content review material besides their partnership with Khan? Would be nice to see how deep into their MCAT outline the expect us to go. The current guide is just vague enough to leave them wiggle room to ask about so many things/concepts I cannot anticipate.

Nope, they do not. If they did, there would be no need for companies like Berkeley review to exist. I'm sorry!

This is arguable the most important test of your life. Study everything in great detail and don't take until you are ready!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile