Quantitative Reasoning Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDentDee

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my 1st bootcamp practice test and scored WAY below average on QR. Now that I'm going through the question banks I am starting to learn from the mistakes I made. The one exception is algebra. For some reason the questions don't click to me and as soon as I see x and y my brain shuts down. Sometimes the explanations make sense but if I was to be given the same problem the next day I would probably get it wrong again.

What tips do you all have for algebra and the qr section in general? Learning how to do the algebra questions is a must since they occur the most frequently.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say Khan Academy has always been a solid go-to for the basics, and their videos are free too! Their videos walk you through questions, and then they have other questions you could practice with. Think you have to make a free account for the questions, but I think the videos are accessible without an account

Reactions: 1 user
I took my 1st bootcamp practice test and scored WAY below average on QR. Now that I'm going through the question banks I am starting to learn from the mistakes I made. The one exception is algebra. For some reason the questions don't click to me and as soon as I see x and y my brain shuts down. Sometimes the explanations make sense but if I was to be given the same problem the next day I would probably get it wrong again.

What tips do you all have for algebra and the qr section in general? Learning how to do the algebra questions is a must since they occur the most frequently.
I’ve heard math destroyer is really good.

Reactions: 1 user

Did you get a chance to review all of the algebra concepts? If you take a practice without reviewing anything, you're going to score poorly. For QR I personally used MathDestroyer and DATBooster which helped me score a 27 (didn't use bootcamp at all). The videos on booster were really helpful to learn all the concepts, they have a few Algebra videos on youtube that might help you: