Quantum Mechanics on the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jim85213

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for those of you that have taken the DAT already:

Were there any conceptual questions about quantum mechanics on the Gen Chem section of the actual DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

jim85213 said:
I know that. I am just looking for some specific examples people may have encountered on the actual DAT. Just trying to get an idea of what kind of question they would ask.

I dont know if this is what you are refering to but I had a single question on quantum numbers such as which of the following could represent element X. You just needed to know what n, l, ml, and ms referred to and how they related to each other.

For example if you knew that n=2 the only possible answers are n=2 l= 0 or 1 ml= 0,+1, or -1 and ms=+1/2 or -1/2

Also i had a question on electron configuration you know 1s2 2s2 2p6 blah blah blah

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi....i do know n=2, l= 0, 1 ml= -1,0,1 and so on my question is....give all the quantum numbers for like say O or N....or any other example....

Thanks for your time...

future_dentist said:
Hi....i do know n=2, l= 0, 1 ml= -1,0,1 and so on my question is....give all the quantum numbers for like say O or N....or any other example....

Thanks for your time...

my question was along the lines of which of the following set of quantum numbers could describe element 'X'

a. n=2 l=2 ml=0 ms= +1/2
b. n=2 l=1 ml=2 ms=1
c. n=1 l=0 ml=0 ms=0
d. n=2 l=1 ml=-1 ms= -1/2