Quantum Mechanics WILL NOT Ruin My 4.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squat n Squeeze

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
YYAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze

Is that a sign of weakness squat.:p

Members don't see this ad :)
Just kidding, good luck:D

4.0? I have it on good authority that SnS has already received a B+ in 3rd period wood shop.

I'm taking lowly p-chem, but I'm feeling your pain.

Originally posted by sacrament
4.0? I have it on good authority that SnS has already received a B+ in 3rd period wood shop.

:laugh:

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze

If you cannot easily grasp Quantum Mechanics you OBVIOUSLY do not belong in Med School Squat n Squeeze.

Uh...Quantum Mechanics isn't even tough!!! I learned quantum mechanics at the age of 14 (10th grade) its just a fancy way of saying the study of study of matter and radiation at an atomic level. It deals primarily with Bohr's conception of the atom, the wave-particle duality of electrons, photons or quantisized amounts of energy, and the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle--all very easy concepts, the only fairly difficult thing is deducing the mathematical relationship of the Schr?dinger equation!

No offense, but only ignorant people or people without a science-background automatically assume that because its named "quantum" or "nuclear," its actually tough. And its usually these same ignorant people who brag to their friends about taking quantum mechanics....as if they think that other people will consider them in a higher manner because of this.... My mother always told me that "empty vessels make sound," therefore, I really doubt that you have a 4.0 GPA...even if you go to an easy college, because you are apparently not intellectually gifted.

(By the way, you're really not impressioning anyone, I am not even in college yet (just turned 17) yet even I can see that you are just another pretentious, wanna-be intellectual, shielding a facade of inferiority and ignorance towards the scientific disciple.)

Originally posted by crazee8
Uh...Quantum Mechanics isn't even tough!!! I learned quantum mechanics at the age of 14 (10th grade) its just a fancy way of saying the study of study of matter and radiation at an atomic level. It deals primarily with Bohr's conception of the atom, the wave-particle duality of electrons, photons or quantisized amounts of energy, and the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle--all very easy concepts, the only fairly difficult thing is deducing the mathematical relationship of the Schr?dinger equation!

No offense, but only ignorant people or people without a science-background automatically assume that because its named "quantum" or "nuclear," its actually tough. And its usually these same ignorant people who brag to their friends about taking quantum mechanics....as if they think that other people will consider them in a higher manner because of this.... My mother always told me that "empty vessels make sound," therefore, I really doubt that you have a 4.0 GPA...even if you go to an easy college, because you are apparently not intellectually gifted.

(By the way, you're really not impressioning anyone, I am not even in college yet (just turned 17) yet even I can see that you are just another pretentious, wanna-be intellectual, shielding a facade of inferiority and ignorance towards the scientific disciple.)

You sound like you're 17...quantum mechanics is NOT what you learn about in G-Chem...it's is often a series of classes that force you to apply differential level mathematics and advanced physics to chemistry problems. it's not just about heisenberg but rather the mathematical application of heisenberg and how schroedinger came up with his equations and why orbitals are shaped as they are. if you understand quantum mechanics, then you haven't taken true quantum mechanics.

Godbless the young 'uns. When they can still say what they mean and mean what they say.

Originally posted by JonnieQuest
You sound like you're 17...quantum mechanics is NOT what you learn about in G-Chem...it's is often a series of classes that force you to apply differential level mathematics and advanced physics to chemistry problems. it's not just about heisenberg but rather the mathematical application of heisenberg and how schroedinger came up with his equations and why orbitals are shaped as they are. if you understand quantum mechanics, then you haven't taken true quantum mechanics.

Shhh.. quiet you.. he's ragging on Squat n Squeeze, let him at it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by TTSD
Shhh.. quiet you.. he's ragging on Squat n Squeeze, let him at it.

oops...i forgot to look at who had started the thread...my bad

Yeah, I completed AP Calculus BC in the tenth grade. In fact, I finished Linear Algebra and Multivariable Calculus and am taking Differential Equations....You just dumbfoundly reinstated what I said, the only challenging aspect of it is the mathematical application of Shroedinger's equation!!! If you read above, I said that the advanced mathematics is what makes it somewhat difficult...nonetheless it still is relatively simple if you see it. Perhaps you don't. Don't speak to me in a condescending manner just because I am 17! And I am not a "young 'un!" age doesn't equate to intelligence!

Yeah, I completed AP Calculus BC in the tenth grade. In fact, I finished Linear Algebra and Multivariable Calculus and am taking Differential Equations....You just dumbfoundly reinstated what I said, the only challenging aspect of it is the mathematical application of Shroedinger's equation!!! If you read above, I said that the advanced mathematics is what makes it somewhat difficult...nonetheless it still is relatively simple if you see it. Perhaps you don't. Don't speak to me in a condescending manner just because I am 17! And I am not a "young 'un!" age doesn't equate to intelligence!

I thought your mommy said "empty vessels make sound"--you sure are mouthing off for someone who labels himself as intelligent. and if you're still quoting mommy, then there is a reason why we are being condescending.
sounds like in this case your IQ is right around your age.

I thought your mommy said "empty vessels make sound"--you sure are mouthing off for someone who labels himself as intelligent. and if you're still quoting mommy, then there is a reason why we are being condescending.
sounds like in this case your IQ is right around your age.

I don't think the fact that I deeply respect my mother and her "simple sayings," has bearing on my IQ or intelligence level. In fact, I think that is what differentiates me from other "pseudo-intellectuals," and arrogant people, such as yourself, in that I realize that I don't have to pretend to be someone I am not by quoting Einstein or Gandhi to garner the respect of my peers and contemporaries. I can still be true to myself, and my beliefs and be intelligent. Maybe its because, I am not self-conscious about the image I project to other people or don't care whether others perceive me as intelligent or not, something you obviously do care about. Oh and by the way, I am female and it is inherently sexist of you to automatically assume that I am a male.

I don't think the fact that I deeply respect my mother and her "simple sayings," has bearing on my IQ or intelligence level. In fact, I think that is what differentiates me from other "pseudo-intellectuals," and arrogant people, such as yourself, in that I realize that I don't have to pretend to be someone I am not by quoting Einstein or Gandhi to garner the respect of my peers and contemporaries. I can still be true to myself, and my beliefs and be intelligent. Maybe its because, I am not self-conscious about the image I project to other people or don't care whether others perceive me as intelligent or not, something you obviously do care about. Oh and by the way, I am female and it is inherently sexist of you to automatically assume that I am a male.

sounds like YOU have something to prove. and by the way, though you may find your math and science classes impressive, take an english class. in english, when you use the word "someone," you have to use a pronoun like "himself" or "herself." and if it is ambiguous, then you use "himself." and if you want people to think you're intelligent, you don't go around telling them the classes you took and the age you took them. most people don't go around telling people about their transcripts...

I find it rather ironic that you are correcting my English, when you are more incoherent and inarticulate than I. In fact, your sentence, ?and if you want people to think you're intelligent, you don't go around telling them the classes you took and the age you took them?? doesn?t even make sense. Surely, you should have said, ?and if you did not want?? Normally, I wouldn?t correct someone?s grammar, especially in informal discussions, but because you decided to take the liberties of analyzing the grammatical structure of my sentences, I decided that I might as well show you that you are not as ?godly? as you seem to think you are. Also, I scored a 5 on the AP English Language test and am also quite competent in the humanities as well. In fact, the only reason, I even said what math classes I was taking is because you condescendingly asserted that because I am only 17, couldn?t possibly understand quantum mechanics. Once again, you assumed, when you really don?t me or what I am capable off. I am not at all arrogant and most people I know don?t even know what classes I am taking. I only mentioned the classes I am taking to substantiate the claim that I understand quantum mechanics. I even don?t know how old you are, but I certainly hope that I don?t become as jaded, pompous and sanctimonious as you.

Squat,

Quantum Mech is a breeze. So what if your here then there, hehe, a little quantum joke. Good luck to ya! My semester is a little challenging as well.

Neuroanatomy is a little challenging this semester, but the suprise is how difficult my fermentation science class is. On our exam we had this question:

You have a sample of soil. Describe an isolation proceedure with selective media techniques, design a mutant screening test from UV and design a media for the best conditions of pennicillin G in high yeild from actinomyces.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!

After 2 hours of writing I got it right, now question number #2, WTF is this!

crazee8......... now squat has three personalities on SDN.

At my university quantum was called "modern physics". Interesting class, but certainly not too tough compared to upper level and graduate engineering courses in Microelectronics, control systems, mathematics, etc................ I wonder how squat would do on those in at a hardcore engineering school where memorization doesn't get you ****?

I don't think the fact that I deeply respect my mother and her "simple sayings," has bearing on my IQ or intelligence level. B]

Good for you. People should respect their parents (provided their parents are loving caring people) more. I always take my parents advise and quote them often too. But then again, one's a genius and the other's a clever bureaucrat who's been on the inside of Federal politics and spookdom.

However, there is a millenia of difference between college and highschool education I'm afraid. Likewise I was an AP student and yadda yadda yadda scored 5's and yadda yadda yadda.. but I'm afraid to say that that really means ZERO in college. You get your @$$ so thoroughly handed to you on a platter in college if you try relying on your knowledge from high school it's not even painful.. just instant kiss of death.

Oh, Trauma Junky.. Neuroanatomy's a GREAT class and if you find it interesting.. continue with neuro classes. I'm a huge neuro fan and I find that neuro really tests your stuff whether you actually learned anything in all of your previous classes. Physics, ochem, biochem, anatomy, physiology.. woohoo!

Get over yourself Crazee8. Go get a boyfriend or something, or are you just too ugly that you can't get one? You are nothing but a jaded, little 17 year old who knows nothing about the real world. Get a life, loser.

Newsflash for the criminally naive: crazee8 probably is SnS.

Crazeee,

Damn, if you are as pretty as you are smart... then I'm in love!!! :love:

Originally posted by swankydude
Crazeee,

Damn, if you are as pretty as you are smart... then I'm in love!!! :love:

I don't even know why I bother.

Originally posted by sacrament
I don't even know why I bother.

Because it's fun and beats the hell out of studying.

Crazee8,

Please excuse those SDNers with sub par IQ's... anyways, can you please continue to educate the rest of us on your philosophy of life or whatever else that interests you??? I like the way you verbalize things..... ANYTHING... :love:

craze 8...
people like to put you down if you're smart. SDN is no better then a peer pressure driven HS. They are jealous. Don't take anything to personal. Also, keep in mind squat and squeeze is a troll here - he just likes to bother people and make up stuff. And thus, many people will like it if you put him down.

and,yes, upper division level quantum mechanics is more then what you learn in general chem. I don't know which you took. (honestly, I don't care either, i'm sure you're bright, good for you). I personally agree anything based in mathematics is easy. Granted, i haven't taken quantum mechanics.

oh, just to add to stuff, i took different equations in college when i was 14 (or maybe 13). I'm 19 now. differential equations isn't that hard either. it's just the most boring cook book ever created (multivariable calculus,however, is something different).

also, craze 8, a LOT of people make assumptions. aka.. you're 17, you must be immature, you must be pushed into this, you must be this and that, you can't know college math, and on.
That's steryotping, it's a fact of human behavior. Everyone does it. There is NOT much you can do to stop it.

again, try not to take it personal. Just correct them. Debate as much as long as you think debating about it is fun. Don't feel you have to /must prove your point. Because, to many people, you just cant.
Sonya

how's this for kicks:

by the transitive property

crazee8 = swankydude = sns = berkeleypremed

Originally posted by spumoni620
how's this for kicks:

by the transitive property

crazee8 = swankydude = sns = berkeleypremed

You know what.. this really has to stop guys.

So far, Crazee8 is only guilty of maybe acting a bit too cocky for a highschooler on a board filled with stressed out premeds. And berkeleypremed may have been a bit too arrogant and presumptuous. None of them have equalled the @$$holness that sns has delievered.

And probably an IP check by the admin could probably confirm this and if they are indeed one person probably a banning would be in order for fradulent use and harrasment.

I'm not even gonna touch this thread (well except for this). I love to see people try and speak intelligently while backing themselves up with opinions instead of facts.

yeah, i know i was being harsh...it just seems lately a lot of ppl are having trouble with the very important art of TACT and DIPLOMACY. i got a little frustrated...how many more threads are going to degenerate into a name-calling match and display of academic/social bravado? and besides, with a week of sitting around and waiting till the 15th....it's easy to procrastinate by posting speculations on threads such as these...

anyway, apologies to crazee8/etc. if i was off-base. (but am i, really????) ok...thus ends my foray into the dark side....:p

is this the attitude to be doctors? i thought you guys are supposed to be kind to one another and all. :confused: show LOVE !!! :love: i'm not an analytical person, but at my school, university of houston, quantum mechanics is taught at the graduate level. maybe we are not smart, but if it's taught at the graduate level for us, then it must be challenging. also, i don't think it's anything to brag about taking a class. brag when you can actually contribute to the subject.

anyways, did you guys hear about the 12-year old that started medical school at university of chicago? the cool thing about him is that he doesn't brag. from this, i think that TRUE genuses don't brag. wanna-be's do. just my opinions.
:love:

Quantum mechanics is not modern physics.

I am curious to know what school you went to that tought you calculus, ordinary differential equations, fourier series, and partial differential equations before you took quantum in 10th grade.

Of course, thorough knowledge of fourier series and partial differential equations is essential for solving (or estimating) Schroedinger's equations.

I would like to move and enroll my children in such a junior high/senior high school program.

Actually, before you take on Schroedinger, explain how to approach the wave, heat, poisson, or laplace's equation.

Crazee - maybe it might be a good idea to learn how to spell / understand basic English syntax before you go to college. i've heard that it is a handy little tool. What is a "scientific disciple" anyways? Is it a Christian Scientist?

p.s. Big boy, where do you want to go to college?

My 2 cents - Currently taking an extra physical chemistry course b/c schools require the 2 sems of inorganic chemistry;

Try to solve as many problems as possible, go to all extra help sessions, and don't fall behind!

I agree, physcial chemistry isn't easy, but not too hard if one puts total effort into studying/understanding it.

Good luck!

& to all those with forthcoming Mid-Term examinations,
Good luck to you as well!

Am I really that intimidating? It seems most of you are all very bitter about my accomplishments perhaps because of your own shortcomings. Anyway, it really shows a lack of immaturity and a weak character to attack someone for defending her opinion. Jonny Quest, wrongfully assumed that as a 17 year old, I couldn?t possibly understand the complexities of quantum mechanics. Therefore, as a rebuttal, I simply stated the courses that I took and am currently taking, but apparently only Sonya understood this because she is also extremely talented. Notwithstanding, I have faced similar sentiments, at my school with students, as Harvard takes around 35 people from my school and Yale about 30 or so too, and therefore there is a lot of the same competitiveness and feelings of bitterness. In that regard, your reactions are quite commonplace.

Anyway, I don?t know who sns is or any of the other people you are talking about. I am a 17 year old girl from New England who attends a well-known prestigious prep school in MA. My school has math up to linear algebra and offers a course in quantum mechanics. As part of an honors project, I studied the Shroedinger equation with a world-renowned professor in physics. I also took differential equations at a college near my school in Cambridge. I wonder why some people just can?t accept that some are more talented than others and embrace this?

Some children are just a bit too arrogant for my taste.

ciao

Spumoni620,

Swankydude is Swankydude. I have no beef with you.

Gleevec,

I commend you on your investigative work... another 1001 ignorant, self-righteous post and will get to be a moderator. You dish out a lot BS.

He?yaa? mister cancer assassin. Grow up... :rolleyes:

gheylowell.jpg

Originally posted by swankydude

He?yaa? mister cancer assassin. Grow up... :rolleyes:

I agree! Why would I lie about who I am or have different accounts? Besides, you guys should be ashamed of acting like middle schoolers, fighting over who you think someone is posing as someone else and making inane homophobic comments.

I agree! Why would I lie about who I am or have different accounts?

Because you lead a pathetic existence in real life and wish to project yourself as someone of actual importance on an anonymous message board in cyberspace? No one agrees with your ridiculous beliefs in real life, so you either post under multiple accounts using a proxy or get your friends to do it for you, since no one here is dumb enough to fall for your act.

Originally posted by Gleevec
Because you lead a pathetic existence in real life and wish to project yourself as someone of actual importance on an anonymous message board in cyberspace? No one agrees with your ridiculous beliefs in real life, so you either post under multiple accounts using a proxy or get your friends to do it for you, since no one here is dumb enough to fall for your act.

Well, then continue thinking what you want to think...I'd rather not argue with idiots.

Well, then continue thinking what you want to think...I'd rather not argue with idiots.

Well, at least you SOUND like a 17 old with that kind of lame comeback. Too bad the rest of your story is made up. :rolleyes:

Gleevec,

If you were only as smart as crazee8, I would tip my hat off to you. Consider, if you will, for moment that crazee8 is who she says she is... then would it be justified for you to talk to her in that way??? she is a young girl? watch the language?prick.

Another thing, I saw you at the Baylor interview. I figured it out b/c you were the only one there that goes to college in NC and claim Texas residency. It would be a sham if the admission?s committee at Baylor or TMDSAS gets word that some 21 yr-old kid with the USERNAME: GLEEVEC on their secondary application and [who interviewed at there school on a certain day in September with a certain (IP address)] is posting s**t like this on SDN. Be careful to cover all of your tracks. You never know who is on this forum. Dean Jones might not call on Oct. 15. A TMDSAS state residency questionnaire may just well be in-line...

Crazeee8,

I commend you on your academic achievements. Keep up the excellent work and PM me when you are ready to apply to medical school.

Take care,
swankydude ;)

I know seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.