Quantum Mechanics WILL NOT Ruin My 4.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My posts make the coolest threads on SDN:clap:

I got an "A" on my quantum mechanics quiz:clap:

Bite me Schroedinger:clap:

Edited by Neuronix (moderator): Extremely vulgar.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by crazee8
I studied the Shroedinger equation with a world-renowned professor in physics.

Well, first of all it is spelled Schr?dinger (or, if you must, Schroedinger). Second of all, that statement is essentially nonsensical--something that somebody with a layperson's knowledge of QM might toss out in an attempt to seem erudite. World-renowned professors in physics aren't spending their time "studying the Schr?dinger equation." It might be used as a tool in the study of something else, such as chemical reaction dynamics.

2 things:

1) crazee8 is not sns, leave her alone.

2) swankydude is a psycho. are you seriously stalking Gleevec? Gleevec I'd be careful.

and do I have to quote Rodney King for you people? I'll do it, I swear! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by swankydude
Gleevec,

If you were only as smart as crazee8, I would tip my hat off to you. Consider, if you will, for moment that crazee8 is who she says she is... then would it be justified for you to talk to her in that way??? she is a young girl? watch the language?jewfish prick.

Another thing, I saw you at the Baylor interview. I figured it out b/c you were the only one there that goes to college in NC and claim Texas residency. It would be a sham if the admission?s committee at Baylor or TMDSAS gets word that some 21 yr-old kid with the USERNAME: GLEEVEC on their secondary application and [who interviewed at there school on a certain day in September with a certain (IP address)] is posting s**t like this on SDN. Be careful to cover all of your tracks. You never know who is on this forum. Dean Jones might not call on Oct. 15. A TMDSAS state residency questionnaire may just well be in-line... Good Day Mr. Cansur Asskissing!

Crazeee8,

I commend you on your academic achievements. Keep up the excellent work and PM me when you are ready to apply to medical school.

Take care,
swankydude ;)

First off, to quote my other post, I dont think I said anything off base or insulting. At least I did not accuse her of lacking intelligence, like she did the SDN community, I simply do not believe her story. If her story is true, then I stand corrected, but I doubt it. Secondly, I didnt even realize she was female until you mentioned it just now. That said, I should have been more chivalrous in retrospect, but I did not realize crazee8 was female. My apologies to crazee8 if all this is somehow true. But even then, she need not have such an arrogant and confrontational attitude towards the community, and it was to this attitude that I reacted perhaps a bit too harshly. Once again, if this is true, I apologize to crazee8-- I, like spumoni, should have been more diplomatic but her arrogant tone struck a nerve in me.

Anyway, I apologize for my undiplomatic behavior and to anyone I might have offended-- I just reacted poorly on a really bad day. It will not happen again. Thank you periodic, spumoni and others for showing me this. I hope everyone finds what they are looking for.

Sincerely,
Gleevec

"I just hope swanky doesnt have me confused with someone else, because all the people I talked to at Baylor I had met before and know pretty well."

For your sake... you only wish this is the case... don't sweet it! Life goes on right???:confused:

Hello.

I have a few questions for the smart one.

Did you egregiously misuse/overuse commas in your AP English Language & Composition Test like you did here?

Don't worry, I've provided some corrections for you.

" . . . age of 14 (10th grade) its"

The part where you bragged about your young age for a tenth grader (showing how super smart you are) should have included a semicolon, followed by "it's." ("It's" is a contraction, crazee8. "Its" shows possession.)

"(By the way, you're really not impressioning anyone, I am not even in college yet . . ."

Should be: " . . . not impressioning[sic] anyone. [new sentence]
I am not even in college . . . [ed: awesome]
[there are more errors in this badly formed paragraph, "it's" just too much work to correct them all. ]

"I don't think the fact that I deeply respect my mother and her 'simple sayings,' has bearing on my IQ . . . "
[no comma necessary after "sayings"]

"Maybe its because, I am not self-conscious about the image"
[honey cakes, there's no comma necessary after "because"]

" . . . you are all very bitter about my accomplishments perhaps because of your own shortcomings. "
[should be: "about my accomplishments, perhaps due to your own shortcomings . . . "

"Jonny Quest, wrongfully assumed that as a 17 year old, I couldn?t possibly understand the complexities of quantum mechanics."
[no comma after Quest, friend]

I won't get into all your overused commas, for they are too numerous. I just wonder about the quality of so-called education you are receiving.

Be my friend. You can tell me about how smart you are, then I can find logical inconsistencies in all your statements.

I scored a 5 on the AP English Language test and am also quite competent in the humanities as well[nice structure]. In fact, the only reason,[sic] I even said what math classes I was taking is because you condescendingly asserted that [since] I am only 17, couldn?t possibly understand quantum mechanics. Once again, you [made an assumption(?)], when you really don?t me or what I am capable off. I am not at all arrogant[;] [furthermore,] most [of my peers(?)] don?t even know what classes I am taking.

I'm happy because I got an "A" on my quiz!:clap:

Originally posted by Gleevec
So, since you saw me at our interview, what do I look like?

Edited by Neuronix (moderator): Funny, but also very vulgar.

Damn, I was going to congratulate you on your quiz too until I scrolled down one more post.

Congrats anyway though...

Damn, I was going to congratulate you on your quiz too until I scrolled down one more post.

Congrats anyway though...

Thanks!:clap:

I agree! Why would I lie about who I am or have different accounts? Besides, you guys should be ashamed of acting like middle schoolers, fighting over who you think someone is posing as someone else and making inane homophobic comments.

What homophobic comments? Why are people putting words in my mouth all of a sudden? I havent said anything even remotely related to sexual orientation? :confused:

Originally posted by ShantanuThakur
gheylowell.jpg

I think she's referring to this. LOL.

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
I think she's referring to this. LOL.

My SN is NOT ShantanuThakur

Members don't see this ad :)
Do these threads not get moderated? I know we're all stressed, but c'mon. 17 or 22+, there are better things to do than point out grammatical errors and attack each other.

Crazee8, you may go to Andover or Exeter, but there are plenty of tools who go to those "prestigous" New England schools. Smarts aren't everything, especially in medicine. Act with a maturity on par with your academics, and you'll do yourself a service.

Gleevec, I had expected better from your past posts.

Props to all those resisting a post in this thread. I couldn't stay off any longer :eek:

Flame on

Originally posted by periodic
Do these threads not get moderated? I know we're all stressed, but c'mon. 17 or 22+, there are better things to do than point out grammatical errors and attack each other.

Crazee8, you may go to Andover or Exeter, but there are plenty of tools who go to those "prestigous" New England schools. Smarts aren't everything, especially in medicine. Act with a maturity on par with your academics, and you'll do yourself a service.

Gleevec, I had expected better from your past posts.

Props to all those resisting a post in this thread. I couldn't stay off any longer :eek:

Flame on

You're right periodic, in retrospect I should not have got involved in this thread. Just had a bad day and didnt react well to the tone of certain posters, my apologies.

Well i'm up too late and couldn't resist posting :)

I think that some of us have been too hard on crazee... It's defnitely hard being bright in HS - advanced coursework often demands significant sacrifice, but little recognition or positive reinforcement. In fact, any overt display of motivation tends to breed resentment from both students and teachers. So it's not too hard to understand a motivated highschooler's desire for some props for their dedication and hard work. I don't see any reason to disbelieve crazee's story offhand... she seems well-spoken and reasonably well informed.

However, crazee, I expect that when you get to college, you'll find that the culture is really different from what you are experiencing in hs. You'll find that most of the people around you are at least as bright as you are, and while the environment is much more tolerant of intelligence and motivation, there's less need to boast about your accomplishments. You'll garner more respect through thoughtful contributions in class, the input you offer in groupwork, and your willingness to help and be helped by your fellow students.

Finally, you are most likely not arrogant or defensive in real life, but it helps to consider how you come across on forums like this one, where we only get to see a tiny sliver of your personality. Your initial posts on this thread served to demean another (admittedly trolly) poster in their rare moment of vulnerability, then you proceeded to put forth your accomplishments in defence of your original post. Not the most tactful, i think...

Anyway, this is prolly all pretty much moot, considering things seem to have simmered down already :) Gleevec, I respect your willingness to back down on this thread... more in line with the Gleevec I've come to respect in other threads.. ;)

Bedtime, darnit!!!

This thread is hilarious.

crazee8: if you are for real, kill yourself.

Originally posted by ShantanuThakur
gheylowell.jpg

Can u please stop using homophobic language and/or images?

I have had enough your BS!

I hope the moderators do something about it!

OHHH i get to join in!
Im against being hyper sensitive to gay comments.
Gay as slang doesnt have anything to do with sexuality. Just as Bltch is not a female dog in slang. Get over it. (playfulness on) And screw you for getting an interview at Yale and i didnt :D

You're right periodic, in retrospect I should not have got involved in this thread. Just had a bad day and didnt react well to the tone of certain posters, my apologies.

happens to the best of us.........

Originally posted by hightrump
OHHH i get to join in!
Im against being hyper sensitive to gay comments.
Gay as slang doesnt have anything to do with sexuality. Just as Bltch is not a female dog in slang. Get over it. (playfulness on) And screw you for getting an interview at Yale and i didnt :D

That Shantawhatever guy *IS* a homophobe though. And joke or not his consistant offensive attitude towards specific groups of people is irritating.

Plus think about this : Lil Kim can say "n***a" on her songs all the time. But if i am around a group of african americans and say it (even as a joke) how will they react to it?

I also do know that "gay" nowadays has turned into the new "lame" . If you are using the word "gay" to refer to something that is not cool or boring or whatever THEN YES YOU ARE BEING OFFENSIVE TO GAY PEOPLE.

Thanks for the support GrumpyBear, thackl, TheresaW, spumoni. Though I dont deserve it for being out of line, I really appreciate it. I made a big mistake, but I promise this wont happen again, Ive learned my lesson =)

Thanks again, and lets get things back to normal around here!

Thanks again, and lets get things back to normal around here! [/B]

I agree! Most of you are just too closely scrutinizing my statements and reacting to it, rather than realizing what I am trying to say....

crazee8, i hate to say it , but u do come off as rather arrogant.

Saying QMech is easy except for the math is like saying open heart surgery is easy except for the cutting, and complications.

Think I'm full of it, here's homework 3 for a Quantum Mechanics 1 course:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~ulf/QM1_3.pdf

QMech is all about the mathematics and the interpretation of the relations derived from them.

And I agree, the basic concepts of QMech are easy. The math is killer, but the math is the QMech.

Coming to a med school near you "concepts of open heart surgery" :)

Cheers,

I can't tell you how often I use quantum mechanics in med school. Oh wait, yes I can -- it's never.

Originally posted by Wrigleyville
I can't tell you how often I use quantum mechanics in med school. Oh wait, yes I can -- it's never.
dude, i dont know what you're talking about. I've had to bust out the Hamiltonian operator in order to get through my cell bio notes at least 4 times already :eek:

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
Edited by Neuronix (moderator): More vulgar flames.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree! Most of you are just too closely scrutinizing my statements and reacting to it, rather than realizing what I am trying to say....

Where do these trolls come from. I say one troll per board and vote is for SNS.

You've got 13 posts so far and the only people on this board who seem to like you are the other trolls.

Originally posted by periodic
Do these threads not get moderated?

Great question. I'm sorry I have to kill this thread for repeated TOS violations including vulgarity and flaming. I really hate to do this, but it's out of hand. Friendly warning to SnS as well -- I think you're absolutely hilarious, but that one post crossed the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.