Quantum Mechanics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Squat n Squeeze

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is taking it this semester? I have to admit that this class is making me nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

It's thermal fluids that's getting to me.

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
Who else is taking it this semester? I have to admit that this class is making me nervous.

I'm glad I'm already finished with quantum mechanics!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I've taken it in pchem and physics classes. It's the most difficult subject matter to comprehend but it's not that bad. I got A's and didn't even read the books. Group work on problems is the key. There is no way I could have figured out the homework on my own. I'm taking Pchem II and lab this semester but it concentrates more on thermo. I just hate the diffeq calc.

drop it while you still can. i'm still recovering from that class 3 1/2 years later.

Just study hard and you will do fine. Just remember that you're going to need that material for when you take quantum physics 2.

Quantum is one of the best classes I have taken. However, if you havent had PDE experience, the class will make your life hell. Quantum is essentially an applied math course with f*cked up conceptual foundations. Brush up on Hermite Polynomials, Legendre Series, Multivar Integration in Spherical and Linear Operators before you start the course.