Quarter Life Crisis, Need Some Advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hitsubasa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some background info... I am 26 and have a forensic science degree. I don't have a great GPA (3.2) because I decided to shove 4.5 years worth of science classes into 2... Although I graduated early, I took a lot of time off because I decided to work at Disney (haven't used my major at all since college).

I've always been interested in medical school (or at least something in the medical field). I have been volunteering at a local hospital for almost a year and just recently got a job as an EKG tech.

1. Would it be beneficial to pursue a masters or retake some classes before med school?
2. Does anyone know of a modified study plan for the MCAT for people who have been out of school for a while?
3. Any other thoughts, words of advice or suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Take biochemistry and maybe genetics or cell bio or a&p and get A's. Take the sample MCAT on aamc and see how you do and what you need to get better on. Go from there. Make baby steps, little goals. Definitely shadow physicians. Become an EMT.... Think about all the different medical careers and see a career counselor and probably also a life coach or therapist. You'll find your calling!

Reactions: 1 user
Order life crisis to it actually last several years. But then I realized in order to get to where I want to be I have to start from scratch and I did.

SMP or post-bac to show Adcoms that you can handle med school. research masters programs won't suffice for MD, but will for DO.

1. Would it be beneficial to pursue a masters or retake some classes before med school?

Check the MCAT forum
2. Does anyone know of a modified study plan for the MCAT for people who have been out of school for a while?

This process is a marathon, not a sprint. med schools aren't going anywhere.

Reactions: 1 user