blackmamba24

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2008
Status (Visible)
Is it true that if you applied before Spring Quarter grades came out med schools will never see them until after you are (or if you are) accepted?

Is this a bad idea or disadvantageous to the applicant in any way?

Last edited:

CyanideDN

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Is it true that if you applied before Spring Quarter grades came out med schools will never see them until after you are (or if you are) accepted?

Is this a bad idea or disadvantageous to the applicant in any way?

I applied before my spring grades came out and was accepted this month without the school requesting a transcript update. However, I was asked by one school to send them transcript updates so they can decide whether to interview me or not. For me, it was definitely an advantage because my grades dipped for Spring Quarter.

blackmamba24

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2008
Status (Visible)
yea thats what i was told by a friend.... he was saying that if you gpa is really high, theres not much to gain but a lot to lose. Im not saying dont try to do well sprint quarter but its nice knowing that just in case if something happens on a midterm or something it doesnt count

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.