Quarter System Grades and AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackmamba24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Is it true that if you applied before Spring Quarter grades came out med schools will never see them until after you are (or if you are) accepted?

Is this a bad idea or disadvantageous to the applicant in any way?

Last edited:

UNMorBUST

Mystery Man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well in case of no acceptance, i hope the applicant still performs well so they wont be out of luck next cycle.

CyanideDN

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that if you applied before Spring Quarter grades came out med schools will never see them until after you are (or if you are) accepted?

Is this a bad idea or disadvantageous to the applicant in any way?

I applied before my spring grades came out and was accepted this month without the school requesting a transcript update. However, I was asked by one school to send them transcript updates so they can decide whether to interview me or not. For me, it was definitely an advantage because my grades dipped for Spring Quarter.

blackmamba24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
yea thats what i was told by a friend.... he was saying that if you gpa is really high, theres not much to gain but a lot to lose. Im not saying dont try to do well sprint quarter but its nice knowing that just in case if something happens on a midterm or something it doesnt count