Quarter-to-semester unit conversions, English pre-reqs, and AP scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danno6623

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Biochemistry requirement:
Will a 4 quarter unit introductory biochemistry course fulfill the 3-unit semester requirement at most schools? The 4 quarter unit biochem course I took will translate to only 2.67 semester units, and there wasn't an additional biochem course or lab available at my university that I could've taken.

2. English requirement:
I took a 4 quarter unit English course and a number of other courses that weren't specifically English, but satisfied the writing requirement at my schools. These courses include Music Appreciation, Global History/Culture, and Film Studies (though I took it P/NP, so I'm assuming no credit will be awarded for this course regardless). These courses all required numerous essays to be completed and satisfied the writing GE requirements at my school, but will AACOMAS/med schools allow them to fulfill the English requirement?

3. Behavioral Science requirement/AP credit nonsense:
I received credit for the AP psych exam, and it covers the introductory psych course at my school, but it's not listed on my official transcript. My school's registrar stated that they'll attach an addendum to my official transcript that lists the AP exam and the equivalent course, but will this be enough for AACOMAS?

Are these issues common/how concerned should I be?

Members don't see this ad.

I cant answer much as all of my classes were 5 quarter units. The psych thing should be covered by the addendum.

According to my premed advisor, at MOST (not all) schools, if the courses satisfy your school's English requirement than they should be acceptable.