Que about non US citizen part?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouthcracker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Most of you will be done with the application but I was wondering what should I put in Non US citized part since I am a permenant resident?

I get almost same rights as US citizens, should I even bother filling the Non US citizen part? Bcoz I dont want dental school spending a month figuring out my visa info and then know taht I am a PR.

Any opinions?/

Members don't see this ad.

You can pick that option in your application under Non U.S. Citizens Information

U.S. Visa Status: Permament Resident (Green Card)
U.S. Visa Number:
City of Visa Issue:
Country of Visa Issue:

You can pick that option in your application under Non U.S. Citizens Information

U.S. Visa Status: Permament Resident (Green Card)
U.S. Visa Number:
City of Visa Issue:
Country of Visa Issue:

put the permanent resident status on. Don't assume anything, because you don't want them to find out you lied, or didnot bother. Plus that they are going to know when you apply for financial aid; they will ask for your A# or whatever that is...:)

Hello all,

Most of you will be done with the application but I was wondering what should I put in Non US citized part since I am a permenant resident?

I get almost same rights as US citizens, should I even bother filling the Non US citizen part? Bcoz I dont want dental school spending a month figuring out my visa info and then know taht I am a PR.

Any opinions?/

I am a permanant resident, too.
Don't most of the application have 3 options? US citizen, PR and non US citizen?

don't just write on non US citizen part because it will definitely give u disadvantage and u r not one of them anymore.

If u don't have to fill out anything, just pass it.
If u really have to fill out something, call them and ask them first.

Members don't see this ad :)
joonkimdds

The Nn US citizen information is not required?

So, if I enter the info, would it delay my application process bcoz some schools might verify that?

joonkimdds

The Nn US citizen information is not required?

So, if I enter the info, would it delay my application process bcoz some schools might verify that?

well...i haven't applied yet so i m not sure exactly what are required and not.
I believe the main reason they ask u about citizen info is to see if u r international student(if u r citizen or PR then u r not international student).

I heard that international students get disadventages.

I don't know if it will delay ur application process... it shouldn't take long even if u fill out(as long as u applied on time)

but again, i haven't even taken DAT yet so i don't know :)