querries of DAO for gpg!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gpg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok people

my post on DAO is up.....please post all doubts,suggestions ideas comments here.....soI can maintain the continuity on that one.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ur effort is appreciable
:clap:

It is really nice of you to explain every thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your efforts are really appreciable.

:thumbup: Good job !
I wish I had someone like you to explain things to me while I was taking part 1, I had spent a lot of time trying to understand that concept.
I am sure that post of yours will help a lot of people.

(ps- I did'nt go through the details of that thread, so if gpg is wrong anywhere nail him/her not me :D)

Good job pal! I wish I could read everything , keep track & be interactive but unfortunately I am stuck up with anat now:(

Any way I will save this to my favourities and use it when I am reading dental anat:D

Hope u will be there to discuss after 2 months?:)

any way all the best to u-assuming ur taking part 1 soon?

Dear GPG,
Great effort!:clap: :clap: :clap: Good for you.I must say you are doing a great job "tutoring", as you put it.
I thought it would be good to tell you that they had asked us questions using the pics and words "balancing side" and "non balancing side" movements (lateral and lateral-protrusive)of the mandible.you may want to add something about that too.(just a suggestion)

It sure seems ok now, but during the exam I literally pulled my hair :confused: out trying to figure it all out in my head....especially since it was the last portion to complete and I was all drained by then.
Essentially, the balancing side is the non working side and the non balancing- the working (you must have already known that) but then, its better if you prepare for that kind of questions beforehand so that it saves you lots of time,effort and confusion during the actual exam.
Hope this helps.
good luck with your tutoring!!!
:thumbup:

am sorry, can anyone explain whatz happening?:( whats DAo and whats the "up" thing? i better not start tearing my hair...

Relax Kajal by 'DAO' gpg means Dental Anat/Occlusion.Hope thats answers your question and puts you at ease.

Thanks for all the useful info provided...
Any help is highly appreciated if someone can help regarding working side movements ..cuspal relations and non-working side ..cuspal relations..there are so many questions with regards to that ...and in the last 2003 paper there were only 2 diagrams of tooth ..everything else was worded ...no pictures of working movements ..had to work on a lot of imagination ..!!!!
Kindly help.
Thanks
Toothzone

thanks a lot........when is the next lecture........well the notes rae too good......well done.......:clap: :p :p :p

Thanks a ton!GPG.

Your tutorial is excellent. Really provided a lot of clarity on a topic that was boggling my mind......!!:confused: :confused:

But after going thro' your notes I think i can answer the questions better.......
Really appreciate you efforts.....
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Treasure

Originally posted by gpg
ok people

my post on DAO is up.....please post all doubts,suggestions ideas comments here.....soI can maintain the continuity on that one.

thanks

GREAT JOB,gpg.
its really great of u that u r sharing wih us.
u must be a real gem of a person .
i think all the members are helpful here.its good that i have become a member of this family too.
thanks a lot.waiting for the next lecture from u.
bye.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good job gpg
Thanks a looootttt for your DAO topic.....so sweet of you.....God bless u dear:clap: :clap:
I started with DA but stopped abruptly......and mostly I'll come up with lotz of silly doubts once I start doing that+pissed+

Gpg....
Awaiting your tutorials...on DA ..????? You posted they will be up in a day or 2 and its been a week!!!!..Keep the lectures interesting man..!!!.Great job by the way....
What about the mandibular cusps???...and someone mentioned ..cuspal relations during mandibular movements ..Seems you have a lot to post...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great help ..keep the thread alive and coming..
Jeevan

Originally posted by elementz
Dear GPG,
Great effort!:clap: :clap: :clap: Good for you.I must say you are doing a great job "tutoring", as you put it.
I thought it would be good to tell you that they had asked us questions using the pics and words "balancing side" and "non balancing side" movements (lateral and lateral-protrusive)of the mandible.you may want to add something about that too.(just a suggestion)

It sure seems ok now, but during the exam I literally pulled my hair :confused: out trying to figure it all out in my head....especially since it was the last portion to complete and I was all drained by then.
Essentially, the balancing side is the non working side and the non balancing- the working (you must have already known that) but then, its better if you prepare for that kind of questions beforehand so that it saves you lots of time,effort and confusion during the actual exam.
Hope this helps.
good luck with your tutoring!!!
:thumbup:

Friendly Reminder........................Gpg....
Would need a lot of help with this...."1" minute per question ..and have to think for atleast 5 minutes or so to answer these types of questions in asda papers ..any help with this ....is appreciated...
Awaiting your tutorials...on DA ..????? You posted they will be up in a day or 2 and its been a week!!!!..Keep the lectures interesting man..!!!.Great job by the way....
Great help ..keep the thread alive and coming..
Jeevan

hi buddy..how r u???????well well............too good man.................................thanks a lot......
hey my mail box is empty.............i ma sorry for all the trouble....
b/w which coll are u from????

hey do i need to follow any book on occlusion.......thanks a lot.....

I know this sounds funny but I got a DA querry

and this one is driving me crazy.......which is the largest incisal/occlusal embrassure.....between maxillary lateral and canine or between canine and 1st premolar.....pls help.....thanks

Originally posted by gpg
I know this sounds funny but I got a DA querry

and this one is driving me crazy.......which is the largest incisal/occlusal embrassure.....between maxillary lateral and canine or between canine and 1st premolar.....pls help.....thanks
i think bw canine and first pm.please confirm.

dear gpg,
the answer to your question is b/w the maxillary lateral and canine.
had it been the mandibular in question, the answer would be b/w the canine and 1PM.

IMP to note:

a)The incisal (or) Occlusal embrassure is SMALLER than the gingival.
b)The smallest incisal/occlusal embrassure is b/w the mandibular central incisors.(the embrassure may also be missing due to the mesial contacts being high)
c)Maxillary anteriors=lingual>facial(easy to remember as maxillary has 2 "ll's so lingual >facial);hope i didn't end up confusing you;);)
d) Mandibular anteriors=Facial>lingual
e)Max. & Mand. posteriors= generally Lingual>facial except in the case of Max. Molars.

good luck with your preparation.

That's a real awesome tutorial.In fact whenever i get a doubt i'm opening u'r DA tutorial thread.thanks a ton.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

How abt lateral protrsive gpg?is that not needed?My main confusion is b/w lateral nonworking n lateral protrusive working.i really mess up with the arrows in this aspect...plzzz...suggest if there is a way to clear up this confusion..thanks again.

hai elementz,
I sure didn't know that balancing was the non working side n vice versa. :D thanks for that ...will b careful now ...

regards
gorur

gpg said:
ok people

thanks

hi gpg,
ur efforts are really appreciable.i think u have quite clear fundamentals of all subjects.
thanks again for sharing ur knowledge.
all the best to u.
SHARE MORE,,,WE NEED MORE...
bye.

gorur said:
That's a real awesome tutorial.In fact whenever i get a doubt i'm opening u'r DA tutorial thread.thanks a ton.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

How abt lateral protrsive gpg?is that not needed?My main confusion is b/w lateral nonworking n lateral protrusive working.i really mess up with the arrows in this aspect...plzzz...suggest if there is a way to clear up this confusion..thanks again.

hai elementz,
I sure didn't know that balancing was the non working side n vice versa. :D thanks for that ...will b careful now ...

regards
gorur
Hi, Gorur
All the things in the tutorial till now.... is very well explained in the kaplan notes ..nothing new in it !!!!!!..read up your kaplan notes ..as regards to cuspal relations during lateral movements ..that is where we need help ..as not much has been said about it .. :confused:
All the best ..
prepare well/
Thanks
Toothzone

Toothzone said:
Hi, Gorur
All the things in the tutorial till now.... is very well explained in the kaplan notes ..nothing new in it !!!!!!..read up your kaplan notes ..as regards to cuspal relations during lateral movements ..that is where we need help ..as not much has been said about it .. :confused:
All the best ..
prepare well/
Thanks
Toothzone
Kaplan explains it well, also try to read the explanations on the q & a in kaplan it will give you a good idea.

Thanks for u'r advice..really apprecite it. :clap:

As u n post it said everythng is xplained well in kaplan but for the cuspal relations during these movements.
:

PLzzz sugest any books r method to learn more abt that..
Thanks n regards
gorur

Hi, Gorur
We need a tutorial /help from gpg ..regarding that!!!cuspal movements ..he seems to have dissapeared :eek: ...
There are too many questions with regards to cuspal relations during movements ..and Im really clueless where to read it up from>.... :confused:
Hope we get some help with regards to that ..
Thanks
Toothzone

Hello ppl....

sorry I have been away from the comp for some time....fact is I have been trying my best to work out Biochem.....no tutorials to help me so am fighting a lone battle....

About cuspal relations,not much has been given in any book.....neither have I been able to assimilate too much of information on it.....but I will try

see my thread

gpg said:
Hello ppl....

sorry I have been away from the comp for some time....fact is I have been trying my best to work out Biochem.....no tutorials to help me so am fighting a lone battle....

About cuspal relations,not much has been given in any book.....neither have I been able to assimilate too much of information on it.....but I will try

see my thread

no gpg ,
u cannot leave us wandering like this.u gotta help us out with this topic please.
thankz.